VENDISCUSS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Big Mike

Just did a mock draft on a 8 team league, had some idiot take Victor Cruz #1 overall.

QB: Peyton Manning

RB: Doug Martin

RB: CJ Spiller

WR: AJ Green

WR: Larry Fitzgerald

WR: Danny Amendola

TE: Antonio Gates

K: Stephen Gostkowski

DEF: Chicago

Got back ups like tom brady, steven ridley. Dont think I will be this fortunate come sept 2.

Just did a mock draft on a 8 team league, had some idiot take Victor Cruz #1 overall.

QB: Peyton Manning

RB: Doug Martin

RB: CJ Spiller

WR: AJ Green

WR: Larry Fitzgerald

WR: Danny Amendola

TE: Antonio Gates

K: Stephen Gostkowski

DEF: Chicago

Got back ups like tom brady, steven ridley. Dont think I will be this fortunate come sept 2.

No, I won't be taking Cruz #1 (even if I get #1).

I do have a question though as I haven't done this in several years.  How many draft picks do we get?  The roster section only shows eight slots and I'm wondering how I'm going to provide enough backups for my starters during the bye weeks without doing a lot streaming mid season

15 round draft. 9 starters, 6 bench. I may trim the IDP off making it 14 rounds.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

So we're talking one Qb, One RB, three WRs, one TE, one K, one IDP and a defensive squad? Or a starting line-up of eight without the IDP?

Thanks Mike,

So we're talking one Qb, One RB, three WRs, one TE, one K, one IDP and a defensive squad? Or a starting line-up of eight without the IDP?

Correct. I like the IDP but will drop it if no one likes it. Either way we will have 6 BN spots. 

I will go fishing for players here on the boards. I have a good friend in my hip pocket if we cant make it to at least 8 teams or if we have an odd number. 

As far as draft order goes. If we don't want to mess with drawing order before the draft yahoo will just randomly set the order for the online draft. 

Mike

Correct. I like the IDP but will drop it if no one likes it. Either way we will have 6 BN spots. 

I will go fishing for players here on the boards. I have a good friend in my hip pocket if we cant make it to at least 8 teams or if we have an odd number. 

As far as draft order goes. If we don't want to mess with drawing order before the draft yahoo will just randomly set the order for the online draft. 

Mike

The draft order doesn't matter as long as it's random (and I get first pick  :rolleyes: ) - actually, I think I'd rather have the sixth pick so I can get two pretty high players.

We really need to dig up a few more players.  5 people is a sad turn out.  Any suggestions?

Eighteen days to go - I think Steve W. is in if he can find his log in and Mike's got another one in his pocket.  Hopefully they're all just procrastinating - or maybe they just enjoy watching the King squirm  ;D

Works for me. This is the setup we use on our money league. 

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Yeah, I prefer the flex to the IDP

I am in, but you guys will regret allowing me in  B)

I have had a serious league going for the past 7 years.  It's keeper, PPR, IDP with 16 teams, 4 divisions.  If we're playing with some people new to fantasy then I don't recommend IDP.  Most places (especially yahoo) don't rank the defensive players appropriately and newbies get lost.  If you're hoping to get this to be an annual thing then I do recommend keepers.

Just my 2 cents.  Let me know who I should send my email address to.

I fear you will need to change your company name to depressed vending or perhaps battered and forlorn vending when this season is finished.  You, my friend, have entered into the kingdom and all who enter the kingdom eventually, albeit reluctantly, bend a knee to their rightful King.  

I fear you will need to change your company name to depressed vending or perhaps battered and forlorn vending when this season is finished.  You, my friend, have entered into the kingdom and all who enter the kingdom eventually, albeit reluctantly, bend a knee to their rightful King.  

Pfft, it's easy to be King in Kandyland my friend, but your now walking into the wolf's den.  I will be very Happy to have a king gravel at my feet before the end of this year

....and I am looking forward to taking your cute little banner too.

Welcome Happy Vending!  Finally this is starting to shape up to be an actual season.   Thank you for noticing my banner.   It is the trumpet to let newcomers like you know that Fantasy Football Royalty has entered the conversation.  Typically I make someone like you earn the right to play me but I would relish the chance to show a "wolf" that he is, in fact, a puppy dog.  Soon I will teach you to roll over and to beg.  

This will be our 6th season so I would say its already an annual thing. ;)

Thanks for playing!

It just seems that not many of the managers are rejoining and that's the best solution that I have found.  I think finding new managers and having managers that don't care are the two biggest problems with most fantasy leagues.  Keepers and money solve both of those problems, but I can also understand just wanting to keep it casual.

Looking forward to a fun year however you guys decide that we play!

Welcome Happy Vending!  Finally this is starting to shape up to be an actual season.   Thank you for noticing my banner.   It is the trumpet to let newcomers like you know that Fantasy Football Royalty has entered the conversation.  Typically I make someone like you earn the right to play me but I would relish the chance to show a "wolf" that he is, in fact, a puppy dog.  Soon I will teach you to roll over and to beg.  

Like most peacocks that flash their colors, I assume that you need to relish in your "big victory" last year because it's an uncommon thing.  I could give you merits, but I'd prefer to show you rather than tell you.  Besides, how could anyone possibly find the Kandy King intimidating?

Kcdisney.jpeg

Edited by Happy Vending
  • Like 1

Happy, 

I think you may have just redesigned my logo.  I love it!   

Do you know why I talk so much trash?  Because no one who has ever played the game has been as good as me. None have ever been my equal, hence I have no role models.    

Lets hope this drums up a little excitement and gets us a few more people in the league.  I think a 12 person league is the sweet spot.  It may be a lofty goal for us but it would be nice.

Like most peacocks that flash their colors, I assume that you need to relish in your "big victory" last year because it's an uncommon thing.  I could give you merits, but I'd prefer to show you rather than tell you.  Besides, how could anyone possibly find the Kandy King intimidating?

Kcdisney.jpeg