VENDISCUSS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Big Mike

*yawn*  This coming from a guy using Toby Fing Gerhart at the flex.  I like my RBs, and you will hate them by years end.

Firstly, I don't have to wait until the years end, I hate your RBs right now.   Gerhart has what both of your RBs are lacking . . . time and opportunity.  He will get the rock over and over and over again and that translates to points for the King.    lets assume you are correct and the pass catching back in a time share is where you want to be . . . I have Pierre Thomas who will make more catches than either of your RBs.  All hail the King . . . the first two time champion of the league

• Like 1

Firstly, I don't have to wait until the years end, I hate your RBs right now.   Gerhart has what both of your RBs are lacking . . . time and opportunity.  He will get the rock over and over and over again and that translates to points for the King.    lets assume you are correct and the pass catching back in a time share is where you want to be . . . I have Pierre Thomas who will make more catches than either of your RBs.  All hail the King . . . the first two time champion of the league

Both RBs?  Apparently the King is as good at counting as he is at talent evaluation.

"Time and opportunity" are fleeting in the NFL.  Those change on a coaches decision, while talent doesn't.  I'll take Fitz in the flex and a *maybe* two point difference in our RB totals weekly any day of the week.

RBs were far to over drafted in a 1 RB, 3 WR, flex league that gives .5 PPR.

Edited by Happy Vending

Wow. You guys take this waaaaay too seriously. I'll be happy if I remember to play half the time.

Gonna be an interesting year.

The smack talk is all in jest of course, but I make a decent amount of money every year in FFB so I do take it seriously as entertainment (about as seriously as any pickup basketball game).  It also makes other teams besides the Bears interesting for me to watch.

Wow. You guys take this waaaaay too seriously. I'll be happy if I remember to play half the time.

Gonna be an interesting year.

You should be taking it seriously. If you beat your wife in week one you'll be sharing that couch with Kiwi (if he doesn't have it worn out by now ;D )

• Like 1

The smack talk is all in jest of course

I'm not talking about the smack. That's great! In fact I find it more entertaining than the actual game. What I'm talking about how serious you guys are about overanalyzing players and draft picks. I've been playing ffb since the early '80's and I don't recall ever being that "into" it.

I'm not criticizing, I just find it humorous.

Both RBs?  Apparently the King is as good at counting as he is at talent evaluation.

"Time and opportunity" are fleeting in the NFL.  Those change on a coaches decision, while talent doesn't.  I'll take Fitz in the flex and a *maybe* two point difference in our RB totals weekly any day of the week.

RBs were far to over drafted in a 1 RB, 3 WR, flex league that gives .5 PPR.

I do agree that RBs were over drafted especially since it is a 1 point PPR and not a .5 PPR as you thought.  That is why I cherry picked my RBs when the value was its best.  I defy any of you to show me how your team is better than mine in a direct comparison.  The cream will once again rise to the top.  

Caserri,  You find it humorous that we over analyze?  Do you know what the King finds humorous?  That a man drafting since the 80's still has not honed his craft enough to draft a decent team.  Anything worth doing is worth doing right.  

Now I wish you all the best of luck fighting for my royal scraps as I, once again, climb to ladder to claim my destiny.  I will say, however, that this year the league has some real competition and it is going to be interesting to see how things play out.  This is the first year in history that the King can not guarantee a super bowl appearance with anything more than 95% certainty.  Take a bow folks, you did not totally botch it.  

I'm not talking about the smack. That's great! In fact I find it more entertaining than the actual game. What I'm talking about how serious you guys are about overanalyzing players and draft picks. I've been playing ffb since the early '80's and I don't recall ever being that "into" it.

I'm not criticizing, I just find it humorous.

It's not like it takes a lot of time or effort to figure this out.  Yahoo ranks their players for their default rule leagues.  We removed a RB, added a flex spot and changed it to a point per reception.  RBs were therefor over ranked by yahoo for our league and consequently over drafted.  Without a 2nd RB position, the great WR's and perhaps to a lesser extent TE's will be the most scarce thing in the league.

I do agree that RBs were over drafted especially since it is a 1 point PPR and not a .5 PPR as you thought.  That is why I cherry picked my RBs when the value was its best.  I defy any of you to show me how your team is better than mine in a direct comparison.  The cream will once again rise to the top.  

Caserri,  You find it humorous that we over analyze?  Do you know what the King finds humorous?  That a man drafting since the 80's still has not honed his craft enough to draft a decent team.  Anything worth doing is worth doing right.  

Now I wish you all the best of luck fighting for my royal scraps as I, once again, climb to ladder to claim my destiny.  I will say, however, that this year the league has some real competition and it is going to be interesting to see how things play out.  This is the first year in history that the King can not guarantee a super bowl appearance with anything more than 95% certainty.  Take a bow folks, you did not totally botch it.  

I think - wait, scratch that - I *know* that I am literally better or equal to you at every position, and with better depth too.  I am still waiting to hear why "both" of my RB's are worse than yours.  I'll take Vereen, Pierce/Rice and Bell over Bernard and Thomas any day.  If Vereen stays healthy he'll out perform all of them in a PPR league.

Edited by Happy Vending

That a man drafting since the 80's still has not honed his craft enough to draft a decent team.

Well its apparent that you are too wrapped up in your own glory to take the time to read anything I've said. I've mentioned several times that I've never drafted a team. I find the process futile and a waste of time. The hour I spent on this live draft would've been better spent fishing with my son, but I wanted to see why you felt a "live draft" was such a life altering event.

Every Superbowl win I've gotten was accomplished with a team that was auto picked one way or another. And don't ask me how many I have because I don't care enough about it to keep track. Unlike you, I don't have a trophy closet full of virtual conquests built into my parents basement.

The true mark of a champion is being able to make it work with what you're given. If I can't, no big deal. Its fantasy.

Just to note, the above is my attempt at smack talk. I hope you don't take it as serious as you do a game of fantasy.

• Like 1

Well its apparent that you are too wrapped up in your own glory to take the time to read anything I've said. I've mentioned several times that I've never drafted a team. I find the process futile and a waste of time. The hour I spent on this live draft would've been better spent fishing with my son, but I wanted to see why you felt a "live draft" was such a life altering event.

Every Superbowl win I've gotten was accomplished with a team that was auto picked one way or another. And don't ask me how many I have because I don't care enough about it to keep track. Unlike you, I don't have a trophy closet full of virtual conquests built into my parents basement.

The true mark of a champion is being able to make it work with what you're given. If I can't, no big deal. Its fantasy.

Just to note, the above is my attempt at smack talk. I hope you don't take it as serious as you do a game of fantasy.

Oh, I forgot to add smilies. That's the universal symbol for "I'm kidding!"

[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

You might start worrying about winning week one - looks like Big Mike's got the edge.

I will say this, out of my 4 leagues (3 big money and this one), this is one of the more entertaining.  The King does enjoy to play the villain and nothing makes my crown sparkle like rising above the commoners and claiming a victory that none of you want me to have.  Eventually you will all bow to me.  Eventually you will all chant "long live the King!  May his dynasty go on forever".  I will convert all of you non believers by inspiring you with my Royal winning ways or by crushing you under my mighty boot.  The throne shall be mine once again and I will destroy all 11 of you if that is what it takes to get there.  The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.

HRH

Had connection issues with the Internet so missed first pick then made the next 3 and missed the rest. But still ended up with decent team, although I could use QB.

Me too - missed three through five,  Sat there watching the Hippo through three rounds before I got smart and reloaded.  Newton's banged up but Tamnehill is supposed to have a better year.

Edited by moondog

Yahoo thinks 5 teams are better than you.

post-6714-0-86610300-1409946837_thumb.png

Do you think 5 teams are better than my royal squad?   I am willing to take anyones bet who believes that the King will finish 6th or worse.  If anyone believes that Yahoo is a fine predictor, step up and claim your portion of the Kings treasure.  Put your money where your mouth is.  The truth is, you have eyes and a brain (albeit a common one) and can ascertain by simply looking at my bomb squad that it will make the playoffs and most likely win the league yet AGAIN.   The cream will once again rise to the top.

HRH

Do you think 5 teams are better than my royal squad?

Probably not, because it's based off of projected points and you don't have a backup defense or kicker (like me) so those alone lower your projected points on the year, even though you'll pick them up when you need them.  However, I do agree with yahoo that my team is about 100 points better than yours after the draft and that I will finish first in our league.

post-6714-0-76250000-1409950051_thumb.png

Edited by Happy Vending

Probably not, because it's based off of projected points and you don't have a backup defense or kicker (like me) so those alone lower your projected points on the year, even though you'll pick them up when you need them.  However, I do agree with yahoo that my team is about 100 points better than yours after the draft and that I will finish first in our league.

attachicon.gifCapture2.PNG

If you've got your hopes pinned on Yahoo projections, you're in for a rude surprise.  You could toss darts blindfolded and come up with more accurate projections.  And why would you load your bench with a backup kicker and defense?  The difference between your backups and somebody you can pull off the waiver wire won't make a five point difference in the long run.

If you've got your hopes pinned on Yahoo projections, you're in for a rude surprise.  You could toss darts blindfolded and come up with more accurate projections.  And why would you load your bench with a backup kicker and defense?  The difference between your backups and somebody you can pull off the waiver wire won't make a five point difference in the long run.

I can't talk smack to you moondog.  I can't offend you in fear of maybe needing vending advice in the future.  All that I can say is that you should re-read my post.  I said that backup kickers and defense were part of the reason for skewed yahoo projections, not that every team should have one.  Teams that drafted backups at those positions get higher projected points because they have fill ins for bye weeks, when in reality that doesn't matter because people who didn't draft backups at K and DEF will easily pick one up.

I do think that completely dismissing yahoo rankings is pretty funny and kind of biased though, considering how much everyone trusted their rankings for the draft.

Edited by Happy Vending

I can't talk smack to you moondog.  I can't offend you in fear of maybe needing vending advice in the future.  All that I can say is that you should re-read my post.  I said that backup kickers and defense were part of the reason for skewed yahoo projections, not that every team should have one.  Teams that drafted backups at those positions get higher projected points because they have fill ins for bye weeks, when in reality that doesn't matter because people who didn't draft backups at K and DEF will easily pick one up.

I do think that completely dismissing yahoo rankings is pretty funny and kind of biased though, considering how much everyone trusted their rankings for the draft.

Which is exactly why you put can't put much stock in Yahoo numbers.  You'd have been better served using those two slots from some rookie WRs that might hit big depending on the situation - with 12 teams, the waiver wire is pretty thin right now.  The best way to score big with Yahoo rankings is to let the computer to do it for you.  Take a look at Kiwi's team - he's got more running backs than he will ever need but barely has enough receivers to fill his roster.  When the bye weeks roll around he'll be stuck with what's left on the waiver wire to fill his roster.  I have a similar problem at Rb and Te but fortunately there's a few of those available and it's only two postions.  The big points will be scored by the Qbs and Wrs.

Take a look at Kiwi's team - he's got more running backs than he will ever need but barely has enough receivers to fill his roster.  When the bye weeks roll around he'll be stuck with what's left on the waiver wire to fill his roster. 

My reason for picking so many RB's on my bench was because I thought a RB was the player who ran the ball the most which to me would mean they would be more likely to get injured. 

I guess with the amount of padding your players wear this is not the case?

Now... if it was Real Football (the kind we play down under) I might of had a better idea of what to do ;D  

My reason for picking so many RB's on my bench was because I thought a RB was the player who ran the ball the most which to me would mean they would be more likely to get injured. 

I guess with the amount of padding your players wear this is not the case?

Now... if it was Real Football (the kind we play down under) I might of had a better idea of what to do ;D  

I assumed you let the computer do your picking as it will automatically take the highest ranked player available which tends to be a running back by their logic.  You really should have accepted my offer for Anquan Boldin - he never gets hurt  ;D

Ps. Two running backs is plenty