VENDISCUSS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Big Mike

Gentlemen,

Allow me to hush the whispers and address the rumors.  Your King not only is comfortable not doing any trades this week but also believes he has a good shot of winning WITHOUT a rb.   I may pick one up on the wire, I may do nothing, but one thing that is proven by the fact that I am the only topic on everyones lips . . . you fear me.   

I will not trade my bread and butter players.  The best set of WRs the fantasy world has ever known will stay exactly where they are unless I get an offer I can't refuse for 1 of them.  In fact, I likely don't have to trade at all to win my royal championship.  Let me address your concerns:

QB:  Foles gets injured.  You say crisis, I say opportunity.  I never loved Foles but I did love his offense that has the most offensive plays a game in the NFL.  I now have that same offense but a QB that has more statistical upside than Foles.  Between Sanchez and Tannehill on a carousel, I should easily get top 6 QB production.  

TE:  Same as above but with Clay and Rudolph.  

Gentlemen (and I use that term loosely when addressing my beloved peasants), you have seen the future and it is now.  The royal dynasty begins this year and the reign of your King shall last for generations.

HRH

Gentlemen,

Allow me to hush the whispers and address the rumors.  Your King not only is comfortable not doing any trades this week but also believes he has a good shot of winning WITHOUT a rb.   I may pick one up on the wire, I may do nothing, but one thing that is proven by the fact that I am the only topic on everyones lips . . . you fear me.   

I will not trade my bread and butter players.  The best set of WRs the fantasy world has ever known will stay exactly where they are unless I get an offer I can't refuse for 1 of them.  In fact, I likely don't have to trade at all to win my royal championship.  Let me address your concerns:

QB:  Foles gets injured.  You say crisis, I say opportunity.  I never loved Foles but I did love his offense that has the most offensive plays a game in the NFL.  I now have that same offense but a QB that has more statistical upside than Foles.  Between Sanchez and Tannehill on a carousel, I should easily get top 6 QB production.  

TE:  Same as above but with Clay and Rudolph.  

Gentlemen (and I use that term loosely when addressing my beloved peasants), you have seen the future and it is now.  The royal dynasty begins this year and the reign of your King shall last for generations.

HRH

In which case we'll all just let you wither away

Edited by moondog

Wow that was a lot of hot air!

You got that right - if there's one player we should be worried about, it's Kiwi who's currently in 1st place (not fifth) with the most points scored.  If Kiwi wins, we'll all be eating crow forever  ;D  ;D  ;D  And guess what? Kiwi's got a QB, TE and RB which is far more than one could say for Kandy Ball's team.

Edited by moondog

GO KIWI! I've got the banner all set to go. I'm ready to crown their golpher!

Yep, you've got to hand it to Kiwi (even if he does consort with mutton  ;D  ;D  ;D )  He's put up the most points with probably the worst receiver corps ever assembled in the history of TVF.

GO KIWI! I've got the banner all set to go. I'm ready to crown their golpher!

I hope this banner isn't going to have any sheep on it!  ;D

Yep, you've got to hand it to Kiwi (even if he does consort with mutton  ;D  ;D  ;D )  He's put up the most points with probably the worst receiver corps ever assembled in the history of TVF.

Don't worry about my WR's.... they are a lot like USI... nobody else wants them... but they work for me!  ;D  ;D  ;D

• Like 1

with 5 teams at 6-3 we are a long way from crowning a champion so i think you can hold off on your speech kiwi

It was only a joke mate... looking at my schedule I am not even confident of making the playoffs... but at least I should finish above the Mooners which is all that really matters to me! ;D  

I can see your team going the rest of the season undefeated though... with your hardest match-up being in rd13 against steven

But when it comes to the playoffs I can see it being a coin flip on who takes the title out even though Kandy seems to think that he can't be beaten with all his WR's he has at his disposal   

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 1

My royal speech writers have been hard at work since the draft finished.  You gents may prematurely crown all of the paper champions you care to but the King will reclaim His throne in a few short weeks.  You will all look on in horror as your worst nightmare comes true . . . a man claiming to be the best proves it in all of your faces (for the second time).     I have graphic artists hard at work on a banner fit for a King to serve as a never ending reminder of my historic feat.  

Long live the King and the beginning of His dynasty

HRH

• Like 1

You will all look on in horror as your worst nightmare comes true . . . a man claiming to be the best proves it in all of your faces 

You maybe correct my King but now I have one man who may stand in your way....

Move over Gordon because there is a new "messiah" in town & he goes by the name of ODB! 

If everything goes to plan he will rain on your parade...   ;D  ;D  ;D  

It was only a joke mate... looking at my schedule I am not even confident of making the playoffs... but at least I should finish above the Mooners which is all that really matters to me! ;D  

I can see your team going the rest of the season undefeated though... with your hardest match-up being in rd13 against steven

But when it comes to the playoffs I can see it being a coin flip on who takes the title out even though Kandy seems to think that he can't be beaten with all his WR's he has at his disposal   

I'll give you fair warning Kiwi - if you don't make the playoffs, you will not finish ahead of me as I'm finally going to get Peterson back and with Peyton Manning, Jimmy Graham and Marshon Lynch playing even you are pretty much blunder proof at this point  ;D  ;D  ;D

• Like 1

I'll give you fair warning Kiwi - if you don't make the playoffs, you will not finish ahead of me as I'm finally going to get Peterson back 

Is Peterson back.... I thought that I herd he wont be back till week 15-16 at the earliest which in your case will be far to late! ;D  ;D  ;D  

• Like 1

You maybe correct my King but now I have one man who may stand in your way....

Move over Gordon because there is a new "messiah" in town & he goes by the name of ODB! 

If everything goes to plan he will rain on your parade...   ;D  ;D  ;D  

I wouldn't get too high on Beckham just yet. He did score all of his points in a blow out garbage time loos and his team is crappy - not a recipe for long term success.

• Like 1

With Peyton Manning, Jimmy Graham and Marshon Lynch playing even you are pretty much blunder proof at this point  ;D  ;D  ;D

Is it to late to change the rules & make this a keeper league for next year?

I wouldn't get too high on Beckham just yet. He did score all of his points in a blow out garbage time loos and his team is crappy - not a recipe for long term success.

I know.... I am just trying to hype him up so I can trade him for someone else!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Which NFL team do you guys support... before I started playing FF I never really followed NFL so I was wanting to know if you support your local team or do you have another team that you follow.... I like what Andrew Luck & the Colts are doing but I have a soft spot for the Giants even though they are rubbish!

My son has been telling his friends at school that his father coaches a NFL team which is coming first...  ;D

• Like 1

Tampa Bay bucs fan here. I grew up about 2 hours south of tampa. Seen a shirt the other day that said "if being a Bucs fan was easy it would be called your mom" their terrible this year, not playing for anything but losses for higher draft pick.

• Like 1

Tampa Bay bucs fan here. I grew up about 2 hours south of tampa. Seen a shirt the other day that said "if being a Bucs fan was easy it would be called your mom" their terrible this year, not playing for anything but losses for higher draft pick.

Thanks for the reply mate... not sure if I would admit that I was a Tampa fan if I was you though mate...  ;D

Is it to late to change the rules & make this a keeper league for next year?

I know.... I am just trying to hype him up so I can trade him for someone else!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Which NFL team do you guys support... before I started playing FF I never really followed NFL so I was wanting to know if you support your local team or do you have another team that you follow.... I like what Andrew Luck & the Colts are doing but I have a soft spot for the Giants even though they are rubbish!

My son has been telling his friends at school that his father coaches a NFL team which is coming first...  ;D

I support the Seahawks - it has more to do with them being Pete Carrol's team than any local affinity. I'm a USC alum and Pete's era was the best we've had.

• Like 1

I support the Seahawks - it has more to do with them being Pete Carrol's team than any local affinity. I'm a USC alum and Pete's era was the best we've had.

I thought you were more of a Giants fan... I know you love Eli!  ;D

I never went to USC... what did you Study their... Comedy...Can you organise a scholarship to USC for my boys... they both have my wife's genes so they should make good football players   ;D  ;D

I thought you were more of a Giants fan... I know you love Eli!  ;D

I never went to USC... what did you Study their... Comedy...Can you organise a scholarship to USC for my boys... they both have my wife's genes so they should make good football players   ;D  ;D

I majored in business marketing, when I started I thought it would be catchy jingles and such, what it really was was Quantitative Analysis - the kind of math the rocket scientists use to find Mars.  What a nightmare.  I do have some connections with the Athletic Department - you teach your boys to hit a field goal from sixty yards and I'm sure we can get them a look.  USC also specializes in Line Backers but I can't see how they could learn that down under though it sounds like they'd certainly be big enough.

• Like 1

I do have some connections with the Athletic Department - you teach your boys to hit a field goal from sixty yards and I'm sure we can get them a look.  USC also specializes in Line Backers but I can't see how they could learn that down under though it sounds like they'd certainly be big enough.

I mite have to take you up on that offer one day... although I have to admit that I didn't really know what a linebacker's job was until I googled it... but I am positive they would be good at it.

I maybe a little biased because they are my boys but if there is one thing they can do... it's tackling!

My oldest boy won 3 awards for his league club this year... best tackler in his team... best tackler in his grade... most promising defender at his club (very proud dad I must say) in one game he made over 30 tackles & his games only go for 30mins

Don't worry about who is will teach him how to be a linebacker... that's what YouTube is for...  ;D  ;D  ;D

I mite have to take you up on that offer one day... although I have to admit that I didn't really know what a linebacker's job was until I googled it... but I am positive they would be good at it.

I maybe a little biased because they are my boys but if there is one thing they can do... it's tackling!

My oldest boy won 3 awards for his league club this year... best tackler in his team... best tackler in his grade... most promising defender at his club (very proud dad I must say) in one game he made over 30 tackles & his games only go for 30mins

Don't worry about who is will teach him how to be a linebacker... that's what YouTube is for...  ;D  ;D  ;D

There's a lot more than tackling involved with playing Line Backer.  They have to read the plays and know what the offense has planned as well as defending against the pass and stopping the runs.  With no on field experience, this would be a steep learning curve.  Kicking is a lot less complicated and every team needs a good field goal kicker.

• Like 1