VENDISCUSS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Big Mike

To be fair, I also put J. Thomas up for grabs - If the king had managed his waiver picks better he might have a shot at him.  Enjoy Jones and good luck.

I am sure he will be happy about that...  ;D  ;D  ;D

The commish needs to add them back and lock his team for dumping players.  Come on Blue Mooner, don't taint the integrity of the league.  

He can't... he's on vacation in Bora Bora remember...  ;D  ;D  ;D

• Like 1

Mooner actually just dropped Julio and Julius Thomas.  The commish needs to add them back and lock his team for dumping players.  Come on Blue Mooner, don't taint the integrity of the league.  

I dropped Thomas for your benefit as Kiwi has first grabs at Jones - based on your last post I'm beginning to wish I'd just kept Thomas.  You can't change the rules midstream.

Gentlemen,

I will win regardless of what takes place here.  It is just a bit disappointing to me that it is "that" kind of league.  Regardless of if everything is above board or not, I will win by my own merit and not the charity of others and bending of the rules.  I do, however, regret that this will be the Kings final season with you gentlemen.  I have a certain standard with regard to cheating and I do not waiver on my moral position.  I shall, however, retire a champion.  Best of luck on all future endeavors. 

HRH

You can't change the rules midstream.

I was not changing the rules.  I thought that no dumping players was an understood as it is commonly considered cheating.   http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/help/content?name=fair-play-and-conduct

I am sure he will be happy about that...  ;D  ;D  ;D

I didn't realize at the time that king had locked himself into the #12 waiver spot - looks like somebody else will get Thomas (not that he's done much for me lately)

Gentlemen,

I will win regardless of what takes place here.  It is just a bit disappointing to me that it is "that" kind of league.  Regardless of if everything is above board or not, I will win by my own merit and not the charity of others and bending of the rules.  I do, however, regret that this will be the Kings final season with you gentlemen.  I have a certain standard with regard to cheating and I do not waiver on my moral position.  I shall, however, retire a champion.  Best of luck on all future endeavors. 

Mate... no need to start throwing your toys out of the cot... I am only taking the piss when I say that I am going to pickup Julio

I wont pickup Julio (even though I probably should) because I already think I have a team that can beat you especially if A.J & Megatron get re injured... plus I wouldn't want moondog to share in my glory...  ;D

I hope you do come back next year because now that I have a better understanding of your game... this year will be your last chance at winning... ;D  ;D  ;D  

• Like 1

Kiwi, No one is buying the "this odd and unfamiliar american football" shtick since week 2.   You clearly are well versed in the ways of football as well as fantasy football.  You caught me napping last time we played but next week I will have my retribution and then, likely have it again when we meet in the super bowl (assuming next weeks loss to me doesn't begin a tailspin for you)

On a side note, I am sure moondog was unaware that dumping was frowned upon.  No hard feelings.  

Mate... no need to start throwing your toys out of the cot... I am only taking the piss when I say that I am going to pickup Julio

I wont pickup Julio (even though I probably should) because I already think I have a team that can beat you especially if A.J & Megatron get re injured... plus I wouldn't want moondog to share in my glory...  ;D

I hope you do come back next year because now that I have a better understanding of your game... this year will be your last chance at winning... ;D  ;D  ;D  

If those guys go to FA status, the king will get them - don't let him blow smoke up your okole. As for Megatron, Golden Tate has already stolen his thunder.  I'm not sure what all the fuss is about here as Julio has been less than stellar and Thomas hasn't made his projections for at least a month (when he plays)

Kiwi, No one is buying the "this odd and unfamiliar american football" shtick since week 2.   You clearly are well versed in the ways of football as well as fantasy football.  You caught me napping last time we played but next week I will have my retribution and then, likely have it again when we meet in the super bowl (assuming next weeks loss to me doesn't begin a tailspin for you)

On a side note, I am sure moondog was unaware that dumping was frowned upon.  No hard feelings.  

Mate... when I did my draft... the only players on my team that I had ever herd of before were Peyton & Eli Manning (that's only because I know someone who named there kid after them) I have only ever watched a handful of games (never watched a whole game until this season) in my life because I never understood the rules...

The last time I watched (until I was talked into playing FF) a game Emmitt Smith was still playing for the Cowboys... I don't even know how long ago that was?

I do however watch a lot of NFL now (thanks to you guys) and prefer it to any other sport I have ever seen... I don't know what I am going to do when the football season finishes... :huh: 

If you recall, I was the one pushing for Kiwi to have Lynch added back to his team after the mistaken drop earlier in the year.  I will never pick up a dumped player because I would never want my championship to to be tainted and have an asterisk next to it.  I will win by asserting my dominance, not by getting a helping hand.  

One thing I will agree with you with is that Megatron has been more of a 'decepticon' this year but, that being said, he is entering into a stretch of schedule that should win me a championship even if my grandmother was the WR.  

Don't be so sure Kiwi.  This week brings you a royal problem and your inevitable fall from grace.  I have come to claim my throne and will have it from this week onward.

Lucky you didn't play me this week... don't worry... next week I will get my boys to score 200!  ;D

I am the glue that keeps this league together.  I am what you all desperately needed, a common enemy who is better than all of you and that allows you all to unite under the common banner of oppression.  No need to thank me, you need only fear and obey your soon to be crowned dictator.  

HRH

The fantasy gods will punish your greed mainor.  I am a little shocked that you actually picked them up.  If you noticed, everyone else in the league passed on both Julio and Julius.  Play with what you drafted or traded for.  You are better than this.  There is no pride in winning with an asterisk.  I, for one, would rather lose . . . but I guess thats what makes me royalty.

HRH

The fantasy gods will punish your greed mainor.  I am a little shocked that you actually picked them up.  If you noticed, everyone else in the league passed on both Julio and Julius.  Play with what you drafted or traded for.  You are better than this.  There is no pride in winning with an asterisk.  I, for one, would rather lose . . . but I guess thats what makes me royalty.

HRH

I am, I drafted julio and not starting j thomas. Besides what do you have to worry, you have the "greatest fantasy team ever assembled" remember so I wouldn't even worry about my Lil trash can team.

I am, I drafted julio and not starting j thomas. Besides what do you have to worry, you have the "greatest fantasy team ever assembled" remember so I wouldn't even worry about my Lil trash can team.

That's it Mainor - low profile. I guess Kiwi wishes he had those 34 points Julio scored yesterday.

Better defeat with honor than victory without it.  Who can't win at poker if you set the pack? To some extent, the skill is eliminated when moves like this take place. The sad part is that I will still win despite the less than upstanding manner this years league was conducted.  It is just a little shocking that the rules were not properly observed or enforced.  Either way, The King is not one to cry over spilled milk.  I will take my throne and it will be that much sweeter claiming it after the shenanigans that took place.  

HRH

It seems like you have been crying over spilled milk the entire season.

I really hope you win this year because I just dont know if I would be able to handle your temper tantrum otherwise!

So very true.  The real BS in this league were the Kings trades and proposed trades.  I'm just going to assume that you all got as many laughable offers as I did.  Winning by spamming awful trades at people until someone accepts is "winning without honor" in my book.  Especially when its in a league where people don't get an opportunity to vote on trades.

King, you already have an asterisk in my book.

• Like 1

If no one else finds this commonly frowned upon practice as unacceptable then I will leave it be.  I am just a little shocked that I am the only one.   In any event, I shall end my reign in this league the way I began it, on the top of the mountain looking down on all of you peasant.  

HRH

Edited by kandyking