AP snack machine

My AP 123 machine has worked well for almost 8 years. It is in a busy office and has a very high number of vends. Recently, it began to have many "motor 136 stalled" errors. It seems random and spread over many different motors. I don't see it being a motor problem. Seems more like a board or a battery problem. It has a Maxell Super Lithium ER6K 3.6V battery stamped 02-12. Is it possible that this battery could be the problem?

The battery won't be the problem, that is just for backup of board settings.  The motor stalled errors are probably not all for motor 136, as that is a specific motor and you say the errors are for a variety of motors.  Can you press F6 to enter test vending and then test vend those motors without problems?  If the motors test without problem do you have your product loaded too tight in those spirals?  Does the machine get shaken leading to poor connections at the back of the shelves?  Make sure all shelf rollers nuts are tight so the shelves will properly line up with the cabinet connectors behind the shelves. 

If any of the motors don't test properly, make a grinding noise, turn much slower than other motors or don't make it back to their home positions, then those are bad motors. 

I have parts for these machines if you need any.

P.S. You should post questions for this machine in the Beverage and Food Vending forum.

Archived