Any Ideas

Morning Everybody

I have a AP 6600XL in a machine shop works great for them after fixing the little bugs it had. I'm trying to vend some Duchess Pecan Pies in the pastry tray and because of the way there shape the product get stuck in between spirals and not vend right. I do have the spacers installed but don't stop what is happening. The slot holds twelve pies, I even turned one spacer up side down on the right side to avoid the pies from doing what it does. Could it be just the way the pie dish is shaped and can't vend the pies in these machines?

Any suggestions on vending these pies?

mike

I will take a picture next time to show the problem.

Morning Everybody

I have a AP 6600XL in a machine shop works great for them after fixing the little bugs it had. I'm trying to vend some Duchess Pecan Pies in the pastry tray and because of the way there shape the product get stuck in between spirals and not vend right. I do have the spacers installed but don't stop what is happening. The slot holds twelve pies, I even turned one spacer up side down on the right side to avoid the pies from doing what it does. Could it be just the way the pie dish is shaped and can't vend the pies in these machines?

Any suggestions on vending these pies?

mike

I will take a picture next time to show the problem.

Pictures would be nice but you might consider using ABS pipe (the thin stuff).  Cut a section about 3 inches wide the long way and mount it to the bottom of the tray to make a rounded bed  for the pies to slide along.  A table saw works best for something like this and the pipe section can be held down with 3M 2 sided tape. Use a pie as a guide to find the correct diameter of pipe to use.

The other thing that sometimes works is to flip the coil but it doesn't sound promising in this situation.  How did you manage to turn the spacer upside down?  All mine only fit in one way.

Pictures would be nice but you might consider using ABS pipe (the thin stuff).  Cut a section about 3 inches wide the long way and mount it to the bottom of the tray to make a rounded bed  for the pies to slide along.  A table saw works best for something like this and the pipe section can be held down with 3M 2 sided tape. Use a pie as a guide to find the correct diameter of pipe to use.

The other thing that sometimes works is to flip the coil but it doesn't sound promising in this situation.  How did you manage to turn the spacer upside down?  All mine only fit in one way.

Thanks moondog

I have a Lowes just right down the road from me. will go spend the big bucks for the pipe.

You just don't know cajun ingenuity! lol!

mike 

Thanks moondog

I have a Lowes just right down the road from me. will go spend the big bucks for the pipe.

You just don't know cajun ingenuity! lol!

mike 

Take one of those pie things with you so you'll know what size pipe to get.

Well moondog

it is like this over here we have what's call drive - thru daquri's here in the big city of New Iberia, almost the size of S.F. city, one double shot of Crown Royal in a medium size to go cup, and were ready to do anything us cajun's can think of!

Like tackle those 13' footers bare handed!

Climbing the tallest cypress tree in the basin!

Speaking in tongues, aka Cajun French!

I did mange to get to Lowe's and bought a 10' length of thin wall sewer pipe and cut out a section, yep still have all the fingers, and in the morning will put in machine and try it. Those pecan pies are 3 1/2" across, same as the spirals, go figure!

Thanks for the tip!

The first cold one is on me at The Wheel In!

mike

Well,

I am surprised you made it to Lowe's after the drive through Daquiris with the to-go cup (how convenient).  I'm even more surprised you still have all your fingers - that can be a tricky cut even without the daquiris.

Ps, I used to buy a lot of plants from Stokes in New Iberia - I think Katrina messed them up pretty good.

Well,

I am surprised you made it to Lowe's after the drive through Daquiris with the to-go cup (how convenient).  I'm even more surprised you still have all your fingers - that can be a tricky cut even without the daquiris.

Ps, I used to buy a lot of plants from Stokes in New Iberia - I think Katrina messed them up pretty good.

Katrina brush New Orleans, wiped out Mississippi.

Rita kick our tail and everything west of us.

Thanks to Rita, mom now lives 10" feet off the ground in a camp, and still have to pay flood insurance, what a load of B.S.!

mike

Archived