RVV500 problems

Well,

I've got one tray left so maybe I'll give the food grade silicon a shot - heck, if I've got to be the guinea pig I might as well go "all in"  ;D

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have quite a few of these machines and I think they are great!

Have you calibrated your machine?  I had similar problems but by doing two things I cured most of them.

First I made sure my cup rails were level with the marks on the wall.

Second was to calibrate the machine. 

On the later model machines, after calibration the computer needs to be re taught.  Cup will go and leave, come back and then vend.  After that all should be well.

I too have had problems with the pushers not drawing to the front.  some of my older machines do that and a little lubrication does help for awhile but I have had to replace a couple of cells.

Even though I have completely tore one down and put it back together, I find I am learning new things everyday.  Be careful with Royal tech's when it comes to replacing harnesses because, (in my opinion) they don't think we have the ability to troubleshoot problems.  Before I replace harnesses I ohm check them, takes time but it is worth it.\

Just last week I replaced a cup assy and a week later it broke again, it ended up the home sensor in the front of the cup was bad.  I am glad I kept the old cup assy.

I have also replaced one DMC board when things were not picking right.

When i finally got my head out of the clouds and read the manual I was surprised how many things came to light.  It does not tell you how to repair hardware, but it does do a great job in programming the unit.

Amigo

I would call Royal vendors at 1 800 321 8637. I know these machines very well. There is a whole pile of updates to be done. So call tech support and discuss your problem with Matt or Lou.  write down all your questions on a piece of paper before you call! I have quite a few of these RV 500s from Coke.

Archived