The Vending Millionaires

joebob051977

I can't help but wonder, who are these bulk vending millionaire guys? How did they get to where they are? What are they doing? Are they doing anything different than us? I was on the NBVA web site and looking at the annual dues. There is a category for people who own more than 25,000 machines! Obviously it is possible to own that many machines. Certainly they don't service them on their own lol. 25,000 machines x $15/machines = 375,000/month. 

I have done the math, and can see how a vending business can grow exponentialy, but what is on my calculator and reality are two totally different things. It sounds like these would have to be nationally run vending companies. I would love to see how they operate.  

Joe,

They must, to a certain extent, run like Coke & Pepsi run the soda business...

The large vendors(ie; folz etc.) secure the major store front/lobbies etc and then have local folks(this means a route that covers many miles and in my area multiple states) and the person runs the circuit.  Often they sell just gumballs and toys...that way they can service every 2+ months and then start the circuit over again...

If that is the case...then the bigger they are the harder they fall...If you have a major account with many many machines..and you lose it...WOW now you have machines with no home and storage issues..or a fire sale on the machines...

Roger Folz became a millionaire with bulk vending. I had the pleasure of speaking with him last October at BOSS in Baltimore. Tickled me to see him walking arm in arm with my wife. :)

I know of a few vendors that are poised to do just that as well. One is a member here on this forum.

It can be done if one has the drive to do it............

Craig

Quote:  Tickled me to see him walking arm in arm with my wife. :)

I know of a few vendors that are poised to do just that as well. One is a member here on this forum.

End Quote

Craig, I'm not sure you meant to express yourself quite like that.   Tom :)

Ha !  Man did I ever stick my foot in my mouth ! LOL  What I meant to say was that we have a member here that is poised to make the 7 figures in the future with vending. I know him and his wife personally. They have the drive and where with all to do this !

BTW....... If anyone wants my wife, they can take up the payments ! LOL

Craig

I certainly would love a reveal, but that isn't nearly as important as how he/she got to that point. I prefer to learn from other people's mistakes so I don't make my own. But you all have got me curious about who are the big vendors here.

Joe

I like a good guessing game as much as anybody, but lets be real. A million dollars in sales does not make a millionaire. Unless we forget all costs, and not pay suppliers or employees or government or ...

To be this large you would not be doing charity, I believe smiley said at least 35% commission, cost of product another 20% big mikes magic number that is 55% total and we haven't paid employees or government or banks or gas companies real estate and etc...

So now lets be conservative and build or business over many years, we still would have to do about 1.2 to 1.5 mil in gross sales per year to eventually come out as a millionaire.

Of course this is all make believe but feel free to correct and add to the formula. I know I left out the value of the company with all it's holdings but try selling that in a depressed market at perceived value quickly.

Oh and lets remember we are talking bulk here not full line

Ok Craig,

My guess is Mike and Wendi,met them at Boss 2 years ago and Wendi has the personality to do just that,besides do you think anyone would make a pass at Wendi knowing how big Mike is.:D

John

Bingo !  I too met them at BOSS last year.  I truly believe they have what it takes to be a success at this.

Craig

Grumpy,

The one piece that was not mentioned, I do not think, was ..other investments made BECAUSE the monies from the vending..wether that be real estate or others..In my opinion this would be "my vending empire"

That may not be  coloring inside the lines...but I have never been able to do that

Hey Jay, my twins can help you with that staying in the lines when colouring thing. :D They will be 4 in Sept.

By adding 'other' investments you have changed the original post

"I can't help but wonder, who are these bulk vending millionaire guys?"

Now anybody here can fit into that millionaire slot. Which today does not hold the same value as in the 60's and 70's, really isn't it just the new upper middle class?

Thanks Craig! I have to tell you. I look forward to grossing a million in a year some day. But being a millionaire? I can always dream! LOL I think if you tried to count the people who go to Boss that gross close to a million a year you would need two hands. Remind me who you are John. Im sure I would remember you just want to place your face with your name. You going to make Boss this year? I hope people will give it another go this year. Going to be the best workshops you can attend anywhere.

Mike

Hey think of it this way....

1,000,000 gross per year....it is only 333,334 vends per month(no toys)

That would be a mere...4500 machines - 5500 machines...

that would be 175 machines a day  only 15 per hour..

besides carrying 175 bags of PMM and about 75 boxes of gumballs..

No Get To It

• Like 1