IMPROVED - VENDSTAR 3000 CHUTE DOOR

mikefizzle

The new door has been designed so that it does not break off when the user (customer) pushes up on it. 

At this point it is in the field testing phase (with positive results), so I wanted to get some idea on price and how many I can manufacture in the beginning.

Thank you for your response,

Mike :)

Does this chute door replacement fix all the other things that are wrong with the machine?  Like how easy it is to get free product, and how easy it is to bust into the coinbox to get the quarters?

Fixing the chute door design on a Vendstar is like painting a condemned building.  What's the point to it in the long run?

Sounds like you have some pretty bad locations.  It's a shame that you're having so much trouble.  I sincerely hope that you get those things figured out.

For those of us who don't have these problems, I have designed a chute door to replace the old one so that they are not prone to breaking off.  You will be seeing these in the near future.

I am only asking for an opinion on a price and possibly a potential quantity that owners of the Vendstar may purchase.

Thank you for your responses,

Mike

Mike

You are going to find out that some people will condemn Vendstars, even though they never tried one. I gave up trying to defend the machine. I'm laughing all the way to the bank every month! :P

Out of the 9 I have on location for the past 4 months, only one chute door broke and no problems with vandalism. I guess the people around here are a little more civilized than other parts of the country.

Right now you can pick up chute doors for around $2 on ebay. Depending on what modifications you did to them, I would guess maybe around the $5 to $7 range might be reasonable. If it's a full metal door, then you might get higher.

I'm not in the market for one right now because I have enough from machines I parted out. At the rate of only one door in 4 months, I have enough to get by.

If I can buy a Vendstar cheap and I have a break room or shop to put it in I would do it. Have no issue with the machine other than the chute doors. I dont want any in public places though.

Mike