chicken saves the day again

mainor5251

Stopped by a laundromat today to service and once I get in there I noticed my machine is gone. The attendant tells me the owner moved it to the back and she was under the impression I had already been called and knew about it. I loaded up my machine and went on my way. So I call back when the owner was there and he informs me he moved it to the back cause he wasnt receiving any money from it ever since he had bought the business 6 months ago. Apparently his dayshift attendant has been pocketing the commissions. After we talked for a little while he told me he had already bought his own candy machines but wasn't planning on doing toys so I pitched him on a chicken machine, he said swing back by and show him the machine. A couple hours later I swing by and after seeing the flyer he ok'd a chicken. We talked a little more about some of the other equipment in there that is owned by ironically the amusement vendor I have been trying to work a partnering deal with for the last several weeks and who has recently been giving me the cold shoulder. In the end he's willing to give the other vendor the boot if I want to cover the other stuff. Now my intent was to partner with another vendor to handle amusement going forward so I could focus all my time on bulk but when the main amusement guy around here keeps giving me the run around it would make giving him the boot pretty sweet. Before I leave the owner is talking about how nice the chicken machine looks and that he owns another laundromat and I could put one in there too.

Its got a crane, old shooting arcade and a quarter pusher. I got a crane I can put in there but have to find a multicade and a ride, he doesnt want a pusher put back in and want the multicade to have original pacman.

Stopped by a laundromat today to service and once I get in there I noticed my machine is gone. The attendant tells me the owner moved it to the back and she was under the impression I had already been called and knew about it. I loaded up my machine and went on my way. So I call back when the owner was there and he informs me he moved it to the back cause he wasnt receiving any money from it ever since he had bought the business 6 months ago. Apparently his dayshift attendant has been pocketing the commissions. After we talked for a little while he told me he had already bought his own candy machines but wasn't planning on doing toys so I pitched him on a chicken machine, he said swing back by and show him the machine. A couple hours later I swing by and after seeing the flyer he ok'd a chicken. We talked a little more about some of the other equipment in there that is owned by ironically the amusement vendor I have been trying to work a partnering deal with for the last several weeks and who has recently been giving me the cold shoulder. In the end he's willing to give the other vendor the boot if I want to cover the other stuff. Now my intent was to partner with another vendor to handle amusement going forward so I could focus all my time on bulk but when the main amusement guy around here keeps giving me the run around it would make giving him the boot pretty sweet. Before I leave the owner is talking about how nice the chicken machine looks and that he owns another laundromat and I could put one in there too.

man where are all you guys at???  I want someone to buy my bulk and work a deal where i do amusements and THEY DONT!  every person interested and ready to write me a check also does cranes and just wants to move in on my territory... I just want a STRICTLY bulk operator that doesn't do cranes or amusements to work with,BUT they have to buy my bulk as i want to exit bulk altogether.

man where are all you guys at???  I want someone to buy my bulk and work a deal where i do amusements and THEY DONT!  every person interested and ready to write me a check also does cranes and just wants to move in on my territory... I just want a STRICTLY bulk operator that doesn't do cranes or amusements to work with,BUT they have to buy my bulk as i want to exit bulk altogether.

We're down here in God's country!

man where are all you guys at??? I want someone to buy my bulk and work a deal where i do amusements and THEY DONT! every person interested and ready to write me a check also does cranes and just wants to move in on my territory... I just want a STRICTLY bulk operator that doesn't do cranes or amusements to work with,BUT they have to buy my bulk as i want to exit bulk altogether.

What areas do you cover?

about 100 miles radius from Dover tn... i do go a bit farther in some directions ..I have sold everything in missouri and indiana as well as farther east in ky like louisville from me..

the bulk stops i have couldn't have been gotten by just a bulk vendor.. places like big china buffets that when i sold them on the crane had 5 different operators operating racks all over the place and then after i set crane i worked them all out and replaced them with just a 5 or 7 way rack...We all know it will make same money but if the pie is all yours this is way to go,but of course in the previous method all the guys where fighting over a slice of it, i just took the whole thing... also big groceries i have built up relationships some for almost 18 years, they get pitched by places like service vending monthly..

I just dont have time and its not worth hiring it out as to watch theft is just as hard as just doing it myself..I had alot more doubles and just racks here and there that i neglected so bad they just got picked up ..I hire some of the service but i have to do inventory, placements etc..

meaning neglected for example..Im out on my collections doing my cranes/bulk and i remember i have a double sitting in that small diner over there but "Ill get it next time, im running late" or "if i use my last bag of bouncy balls i may need them in one of my crane stops" etc.. so the crane stops got serviced but the other didn't..

Its hard to get excited about bulk and having to spend a hour in a spot servicing a rack for 70 or so dollars, and the locations dont even appreciate the income.. when on other hand i have a small hole in the wall gas station with pusher in it that takes me 5 mins to service it and make $500 bucks..takes me longer to haul bags of quarters to van as i normally just weigh it and then pay location with loose bags of quarters..and these guys really appreciate me and are happy to see me..

just saying..bulk is great and i will always love it and its what got me started etc. but my method of business now and all the other irons i got in fire with sign shop , mini storages, rental houses, multicade and pusher manufacturing, bench billboard ad business etc.. I AINT GOT NO TIME!

ron

Archived