BUSTED!

Anyone ever been busted before? In my state there are no permit requirements from the state or county level ( other than business registration) however, 4 out of every 5 townships/boros have health inspection and permit requirements even for 25cent bulk vending! Some as high as 150+$ dollars a year. And even worse the permit questions are invasive! They want to know the home address of both the business owner and the property owner (rarely the same) etc, etc. And no, I've called the townships, these regulations are NOT exempt for bulk vending they apply to even 25 cent toy capsule machines. And they even want to refer me to the local zoning department if the application process goes south. Good luck getting a potential location to agree to this bs for charity.

Lets be honest. (especially) if the product that you are selling isn't even for consumption (acrylic ring, sticky hands, etc) why is it the health dept (or any dept.) business how you make your living? Especially if you pay income taxes.

Lets be honest. (especially) if the product that you are selling isn't even for consumption (acrylic ring, sticky hands, etc) why is it the health dept (or any dept.) business how you make your living? Especially if you pay income taxes.

Just throwing it out there...there could be other reasons, but this is my guess:

Maybe city offices consider your vending their business because too many crappy vendors leave bad candy/food in their machines too long and cause people to get sick.

For example, many abandoned machines still have outdated product in them and locations don't move them to where customers can't access them.

Most of us have seen those machines with bugs or mold in them just sitting where any unknowing child with a quarter can buy the product.

As far as vending non-edible products are concerned, these can be a source of trouble too.

Some vendors trying to save a buck, and too foolish or naive to know better, buy product that has not been certified through the right processes.

They order imported toys that have no certificate of conformity thinking only of the half-cent per vend they saved on their cog and not about the fact that the toy was made overseas containing harmful products like lead paint.

There's a reason major suppliers make certificates of conformity available for all the products they sell.

Some vendors only worry about finding the cheapest product that will sell in their machines no matter who they buy from or how it was manufactured.

They may not know or care about certificates of conformity, but the government should and does.

You pay income taxes but that has nothing to do with it.

Paying income taxes does not ensure the government or the public that a business owner is providing consumers with safe products.

Anyone ever been busted before? In my state there are no permit requirements from the state or county level ( other than business registration) however, 4 out of every 5 townships/boros have health inspection and permit requirements even for 25cent bulk vending! Some as high as 150+$ dollars a year. And even worse the permit questions are invasive! They want to know the home address of both the business owner and the property owner (rarely the same) etc, etc. And no, I've called the townships, these regulations are NOT exempt for bulk vending they apply to even 25 cent toy capsule machines. And they even want to refer me to the local zoning department if the application process goes south. Good luck getting a potential location to agree to this bs for charity.

I had a restaurant location that was inspected get written up for my globes being cloudy. The machine was clean but the globes were a little old. I bought new globes and put them on. When they re-inspected 10 days latter, all was forgiven. Out here the location gets the health permit.

I would suggest looking at what your large bulk vending competitors are doing. If there is no permit on their machines, that may be your answer.

Archived