Finding new business to locate in

Jeremybnb

Does anyone have a good way of finding out what new businesses are coming to your town before they open. My city is growing and I try to hit them up when they first open to place a machine. But I didn't know if there was a way to find out before they open.

I live in florida and use the sunbiz.org to profile location and owners. This is the state website where all business license and other related paperwork is stored. They also have a list of businesses that have formed in the last 30 days.

Does anyone have a good way of finding out what new businesses are coming to your town before they open. My city is growing and I try to hit them up when they first open to place a machine. But I didn't know if there was a way to find out before they open.

1- Call the city that issues the business license.

2- Find out what publications / newspapers they require fictitious business names to be published in.

3- Check those publications, its usually listed under legal notices.

We have a local publication called the business journal that publishes legal records including the issuance of certificates of occupancy which tell you the name of the business and their location.

Archived