Forum Jumper

desert_gold_hound

Do you like "forum jumper"  

1. 1. Do you like "forum jumper"

I am sorry to say I don't like the forum jumper at the top of the page. I don't like having to scroll through all this. I have never complained about this forum and am sorry to have to start. I am not saying you should change it, I am simply giving you my veiw.

I am also wondering what everyone else thinks of this new feture to this site.

DGH,

Thanks for the input. You can click on "Forum Jumper" and it will go away. It is supposed to make it easier to "jump" from one forum to another without having to back out to the main page.

It should only be utilized when you are viewing topics. You should really not have it open on the main page.

I am open to suggestions though. It's easy to get rid of if the majority dislikes it. This is a democracy! :D

Steve

I think it could be useful if you need to jump around fast to see the main topics. I would like it better if it opened at the top or center of the screen instead of at the bottom. You have to scroll up the page to see it.

I will try it out to see if it helps me move around the forums quickly.

Gary

Wow, This is very weird. It seems we are all seeing different things.

Gary, on my screen it does show at the top, not the bottom.

Jay, You shouldn't even see it unless you click on it. It should not be there all the time. Also each time you click to another page on the forum it automatically closes.

I'm listening to you guys and will abide by your wishes however what I am seeing is very unobtrusive and very easy to overlook. I was afraid no one would even notice it. In fact, the image below is what it looks like to me unless I click it...

Keep the comments coming!

Steve

Steve,

Mine is always there and very hard to overlook..I have to page down to get to the main page.  I cannot make it go away  and each time I click on a page it is back and I have to page down to get to the selection

Well then that is very annoying. :shock: I can see how that would create an un-enjoyable experience. It probably won't stay for long. We have all these new gadgets and I'm just trying to figure out what works best for everybody.

You weren't here for the "sub-forum" fiasco. It was very similar. I tried to make an improvement but it bombed. :D Do a search for sub-forums here on the site to read about it.

A few more comments like yours and the jumper is history as well. It looks great on my screen but I'm not the one that matters.

Steve

I am using Safari as my web browser. I use it because it has spell check build in. Firefox puts it at the top when it opens. I like that. I am sorry I gave you the run around. It's fine on firefox. Since I am all over the site every day, I like the idea that I can jump around so easily.

Gary

Mine is always there. When I click to get rid of it all I see is an HTML tag show up right below it

alighn = top 

If this is worked like you said it should then it wouldn't bother me. It is not working though. I have to page down every single time I take a new action. I had to scroll down just to poste even.

I hope you can get this fixed. Its hard to deal with.

Hey I have an idea. Why not make this into a drop down menu. This would take up very little room and would be something I would use. I am sure others would use it also.

With it like it is I would quickly leave if had never been here before. As it is I have been here and feel you are all like family and will never leave no matter how buggy this site gets.

I have to say it will not go away for me. When I tried to click it to troubleshoot it for Steve it places this on the seperater bar "align="top">" Not sure if this helps. Perhaps we should also list our browsers to see if this is related to certain ones. I use Opera version 9.51 and it loads at the top. I will give it a shot to see if I like it but I just wanted to throw in my comment.

I think Beer hit it on the head. Usually when I see odd things like this it turns out it is because of my browser. It was on top for me also and I had to scroll down to get to anything and I also could not get rid of it. There is code that is IE specific and some that will work different on different versions of IE. Thank you for dumping it until it gets worked out! :)

The forum jumper has been turned back on for a bit. I have someone looking at it to see if we can get it working correctly.

Bear with us for a moment.

Steve

Everyone who had an issue with the forum jumper, please reply. I'm looking for feedback on how it is working for you now.

It should not be open unless you click on "Forum Jumper" And it should close when you click on the link again or move to another page.

It should also cover a portion of the forum, not show up ON TOP of or above the forum, thus pushing the main board down.

Steve

Archived