How much research did you do prior to purchasing a machine?

caserri

How much research did you do prior to purchasing a machine?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How much research did you do prior to purchasing a machine?

• Research?
    • I found the 1800vending site and was hooked!
    • I researched online less than a year.
    • I researched on and offline more than a year

• 2 weeks later...

At least you started with over priced Vendstarts instead of $250 T.Pico machines like I did.

Tiffeney wrote:

AHhhhhhhhh Saw an ad on the Sunday paper ....

Had 2 hours to decide before this deal of a lifetime was no longer !

HHMMMmm sounds like Vendstar  Biss -op !

:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?

• 2 weeks later...

I love the "exclusive" territory 123vend.com was offering me if only I would give them $7500.00 down and sign a note for another $29,000...but this week only!

Guaranteed locations!

$150.00 week profit per location * 5 locations = $750.00 week, first week out!

Only 6 vends per location per week will pay for the machines, building equity!

Geezzzzz..

;-)

OMG, I missed out on the "seminar" opportunity!

Dang, now I'll have to actually build my route the old fashioned way, one head at a time...darn it!

That was some funny stuff, great writer!

And Steve, I believe this makes ten posts!  Yay!

Make me a CharterMemberPlus !!!

Thanks for the laugh,

Steve

;-)

I just figured it out... How to make $1mil in bulk vending in 30 days.

First get $15mil. This gives you $150 for each of your 100,000 machines. Service them in 4 weeks and you've got it made. :)

DOH! I didn't realize it was THAT simple! I wish you would have figured that out sooner!

Steve

I love the "exclusive" territory 123vend.com was offering me if only I would give them $7500.00 down and sign a note for another $29,000...but this week only!

Guaranteed locations!

$150.00 week profit per location * 5 locations = $750.00 week, first week out!

Only 6 vends per location per week will pay for the machines, building equity!

Geezzzzz..

;-)

Sounds like the biz-op parody I posted in the break room.............. I was only slightly exagerating.......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a freind in college who had a small soda/snack route and that got me interested in vending so I spent about 6 months reading everything I could find on the topic both offline and online, that was about 15 years ago and I still keep reading everything I can find, in fact that is how I came across this website - searching vending online and you can find new stuff everyday.

Abbadox

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been researching this for the last three months solid. As I'm getting involved in Full line as well as bulk vending there is alot to research. I can say this much this has been in my opinion the best website and forum I have found and everyone here has been more than helpful getting this newbie started. I cant wait to become a more helpful member on this forum once my machines are on the ground.

Brian

I almost got suckered into one of the bizop (to remain nameless). Thankful I decided to research some more. This forum was particularly helpful to hear real life people discussing the issues. I made an informed decision and purchase my first 4 machines after 2 weeks of online research for machines, know how, etc... and going to Sam's to price candy and see selection.

I was hook though b/c the biz op so I guess I have one thing to thank them for. Unfortunately for them, they get nothing for turning me onto the biz.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have been in very focused research now for about 3 weeks. in fact, I had to give up last night on page 80 of Ronnie Talents e-book because my head was going to explode if I didn't. Still have a headache today, but not as bad, so I am back in here catching up.

I have my first 6 machines ordered and should all arrive this coming week. Our first machine is "on the street" That location being my wife's farmers market on saturdays. LOL made 20 cents, ten from her. LOL It was very dead and no kids around. We had company come over for dinner and I made a couple of bucks off them! They loved turning the crank.

Anyway, I will say 3 weeks even though I already have orders in because I have not recieved them yet.

I will continue to research every day, at least some, for ever I think. I have so much to learn and this business sees changes all the time I am sure.

I have done all most a month of research online and off about vending.  I found the first online ad about vending and clicked on it and would have probably gotten suckered into that one but didn't have the money.  You know who I am talking about.  I now feel that I have an idea of what I want to do as far as the time that I need also working a full time job and selling in direct sales also.  I just bought a used machine off of ebay today.  It says new in box and got it for pennies so I did it.  I will place my first machine soon.

• 1 month later...

I was actually searching for soda machines. I realized really quick I didn't have the resources though. So the next day I researched bulk vending machines and was thinking I could do this. So I looked through the paper and bought 4 POS's. I knew I couldn't put these out right away as I had a trip to take (YOSEMITE ROCKS). I am now debating placing machines right away or buying more machines first (probably second). I know I can keep them well taken care of because my current job will allow me to come and go as I need as long as my work gets done. So I guess I spent two days researching before buying and I have been researching now for 3 months after that.

I have a goal for placing my first machine in 3 months. This will give me time to get a couple of machines, get insurance, business papers, and accounts. Wish me luck

• 6 months later...

I've done no reseach at all. I looked at the net cashflow and my retun on my investment based on what the vendor was telling me and just jumped in. I figured I couldn't worse than what I was doing in the stock market and the location was near my house, so it wasn't extra much effort to fill out the machine and collect the cash....

Archived