My first Gumball machine

Shadaw

I picked up a oak gumball machine that on rare occasions the coin mech will turn half way and refuse to turn any further. If you turn it back to the start then turn it through it will work fine or make a really loud POP! noise then work fine. I'm not sure what to make of that as the mech works fine 90% of the time its just the one rare instance out of 100 times.

Also I don't know what the machine actually is, the hopper on the bottom of it says "Vista Hopper a product of the Oak ,fg.co. LA. CA." I'll tell the truth i bought it from an antique dealer that doesnt normally deal in this kind of thing. I paid 37.00 and i fully admit it was a risky move. The only thing wrong with it other than the coin mech was that gumballs had melted throughly into it ive got pictures of it before and after I restored it

What i can tell you is the only thing in it that isnt metal is the plastic rotator inside the machine.

The major concern i have is, I CANNOT for the life of me find the serial number on it. Theres numbers on some metal parts but they dont all agree and there isnt a sticker on it. While this isn't a major concern If i cant find it what can i do to identify it?

Any help is appreciated, I don't mean to be that newbie that comes in asking a hundred questions but my search isn't going too well.

These things don't have serial numbers

Just post a pic and we can Identify it for you

Now, from the hopper I can tell its an oak vista

Very nice machine, still used, still made

Just google oak mfg to get to their website if you need parts

To order parts and machines, just call them

If you don't know what a part is called, there is a part list on the downloads section here on the forum

Or you can post a pic of it here and we can ID it for you

As for the mech issue, just take it apart and lube it

If you need help maybe I can do a how to video

You can use Vaseline for lube

judging by the picture, you have a candy setup for this machine, which is an oak vista, btw

if you want to do toys, call oak mfg at 1-800-247-4932

ask them for changeover from candy to capsules

this should cost no more than $10 for the parts, but youll also have to add shipping.

if you want to do gum, add a riser to your order

btw, this is the cabinet machine, keep that in mind if you need to order panels or lids.

also, you might want to get a .50 mech as well if your doing toys.

the .50 mech costs a bit over $20

to convert, unscrew the white plastic thing, remove the wheel with the pie shaped holes, put the new wheel with circle hole in, lining up one hole with the chute, and put the new plastic housing with springs on it, making sure the part with springs is over the chute

it is explained in detail on the second page of this doc

http://www.oakmfg.com/Oak-Manufacturing-Vending-Machine-Tips.pdf

ps- dont use the riser if your doing toys

use it if your doing gum or 1 in Bouncy balls

Hmm I read the document, mine looks exactly like the right hand side of the pictures on the first page. Im guessing that'd be a candy wheel. Also im definately picking up a 50c mech.

How does ordering usually work? I send them a check or can they take paypal?

Archived