machines fromgumballs.com

clvending

I am searching for a reasonably priced replacements for my double head Seaga Millenias.  I found on gumballs.com that they offer double head machines called their "classic".  Is anyone currently using these machines in their arsenal  and has anyone purchased items from gumballs.com??

Thanks,

Lee

Are you having any problems with the Seaga setup? I have a double like you without any problems. I don't know anything about those except they look similar but cost a little less. The LYPC Classic cost $5 less then that classic if price is the only concern. Remember that you get what you pay for and less may be more in the long run.

I like the Seagas. The problem is that they stop making the colors that I like. They now only have it in chrome which I do not like. I was looking into the Beavers, but they are a bit pricey. The NW are too boxy for my liking. Hence, the reason I started this topic. The price for these are reasonable. Just looking for some feedback, besides what I read on their website.

Lee

Well that's no good. I just checked their web site and all they show is chrome now. I like them too but not the chrome so I guess I will have to find some from Ebay next time or I will be switching to another brand.

Yes, all metal. The coin mech is all metal. It comes with both gumball and candy wheels.  As I said before the Apollo machine we have has served us very well and we have had no problems with the coin mech. If the Starline is of the same caliber as the Apollo it should be a good replacement machine.

David

My problem is just a visual one. I don't like the looks of a square single head machine. I like the cylinder shape globe with the round top. Green body color with the gold trim. Maybe I am just crazy wanting my machines to match.

No your not crazy.

I would like mine to match (well to a point). I don't mind one different in the midle with the out side two the same, this just adds to the look.

EDIT: I just reread that last post and realized I was a little off topic. I think they ment all there machines they own and not just the ones in location. Sorry if I was off topic

As a follow up I got a reply from Seaga about the availability of the colored machines. So it looks like they are going the way of chrome. We will have to switch to another brand I guess.

"Ken,

I thank you for contacting our Indian facility. I must say you are a person who understand how to look for what he wants. I must say that I am sorry but we no longer manufacture the Millennia's in the colors your looking for.

I hope we can help you out in other way but I do not believe we can with the millennia.

Kind regards;

Joe Williamson

Division Sales Manager

Seaga Manufacturing, Inc.

700 Seaga Drive

Freeport IL 61032 USA

Voice: 815.297.9500 ext. 122

Fax: 815.297.1700"

This move to eliminate the colored machine has been in the works for over a year now, that I'm aware of. At about the time I started VENDiscuss, I noticed that they no longer sold the black and chrome machine. The mainstay of my fleet at that time. I pleaded with Joe to extend the availability for a few months and I would be willing to purchase several hundred units. Joe responded by saying that he could not and that all the colors were going to be phased out.

At the time I expressed my great displeasure with the chrome/chrome machine. I even asked if they could ship them to me with the body un-painted so I could paint them black myself. Again, he said no. I'm not sure if I've purchased a new Seaga since. Joe has contacted me several times over the last year to try and solicit another sale. He's dangled carrots in front of me in the form of significant discounts but now it's my turn to tell him no. At least until he can send me a black/chrome machine. ;) 

Steve

HA, Steve my friend, I remember when you use to boast your buying from Seaga!

I will tell everyone this: If you MUST go with the China machines, look into Gumball Machine Warehouse. They have cheap prices, and the cheap machines, some of you seem to like. All in one website!    I'm Kidding.

But, seriously, Round globes really do stink. You have that lip that catches the candy, it will not go easily into a zip lock. Square globes hold more (to extend your service times) and are so much easier to change products. Of course, my oppion never matters to any of you.

Kyle

Kyle,

Just keep in mind that my decision to stop buying Seaga's was based solely on not being able to get the option I wanted. It had nothing to do with the quality of the machine.

As for the round globes, I do prefer them to the square ones for candy, Novelties obviously work better in square globes due to the display.

While I agree that it can be more difficult to empty a round globe, If you plan correctly, you should not have to empty a globe so your point about the lip is moot. I cant remember the last time I had to empty a candy globe on location. (If ever) It's just not something that I do often enough to deter me from buying the round globes.

And lastly, your opinion does matter. You and I go way back Kyle and you've helped me along the way more than you realize. I hope I have been able to help you as well.

Steve

We all have a preferences. I, like Steve, prefer the globes for candy. My setup is red/green doubles. I am an old sailor....

I bought my first machines from Gumball Machine Warehouse because they were from my home town. They screwed my order to the point I had to report them to the BBB. Arrowhead vending had the lowest prices for Seaga that I was able to find. It is unfortunate that Seaga stop making my color preference. Do not care for the Chrome look. This is why I started this thread.

Lee

Everybody seems to like the XYZ Vending machines.  Hasn't anybody considered using their round globe machines?  I have one myself, and they sound exactly like what the rest of you are talking about for the GMW or Seagas.

I guess after looking at the double set ups from different vendors I don't see a suitable replacement for me. My double set up was green with gold trim and I could switch to yellow as a second choice color and spend $135 for a double from XYZ. For $14 more I can get an XYZ triple with the removable canisters and I already have a yellow XYZ. In the end I guess I will eliminate the double set up from my growing fleet. I only have one double right now so I will just stay away from locations where I would put a double unless I can get a good deal on an Ebay one. Chrome looks like it is spreading through the industry. It does look nice but it adds additional time to servicing each location to polish it. I do a quick wipe down with clorox type baby wipes right now and don't want to add another step to servicing. I understand that companies like to introduce different items and go in different directions but I don't want the chrome. Maybe in the end they will see the loss of sales and return them but I will not hold my breath.

Beer all of my setups have chrome and they do not take any longer to wipe down. This is not your showpiece car were a super bright shine is required. If polishing is needed it is usually done before the machine is delivered on location, and a lot of my machines have been on location for many years. (this route is > 20 years old). Of course this is real chrome and not paint so a painted chrome piece may be different.

My cleaning is generally just a microfiber cloth by it's self, if I need a little more spit shine then I use Aerospace 303 protectant too. In the Vend Chute I use a piece of paper towel.

Clorox Wipes: I have said before they are not food safe without a rinse according to Clorox themselves. http://www.clorox.com

Q. How do you disinfect and sanitize with Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes?

A. To Disinfect*

Wipe surface to be disinfected; use enough wipes for treated surface to remain visibly wet for 4 minutes. Let surface dry. For highly soiled surfaces, clean excess dirt first.

To Sanitize

Use to sanitize/deodorize hard, nonporous surfaces. Wipe surface; use enough wipes for treated surface to remain visibly wet for 30 seconds. Let surface dry. For highly soiled surfaces, clean excess dirt first.

For surfaces that may come in contact with food, a potable rinse is required. Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes will not harm most surfaces, including acrylic, fiberglass and vinyl. Not recommended for use on unpainted wood.

*Use on hard, nonporous surfaces.

I would not go as far as doing away with doubles. I am currently looking at a GMW Double, Green with Gold sitting right beside me beer. I know some have had problems with GMW, however, I have in the past made many orders. They have never messed up. Their machines are no worse then Seaga, and look pretty good. If I had to buy from them again, it would be Red/Chrome. The chrome looks great, much better then gold.

I have about 10 in the field, had much more. Sold them all. I had minor problems with them. Coin mechs would wear out after a few thousand vends, but that was not big deal. The parts are cheap.

Kyle  

As of right now I am done with doubles for the time being. I placed an order for a triple from GMW for a Seaga TV3000 clone. It looks like Seaga doesn't carry the TV3000 anymore either. I am going to pull that Seaga green/gols double I have off my route and look for another home for it. That location is going to a triple because they now would like Reeses' Pieces. I just pulled $22 for an M&M and gumball double for the last month.