need help converting crane 633 loose coffee to 637 bean grinder

chris in bc

I own a very nice 633 loose ground coffee machine. I would love to convert this beast to a 637 dual grinder. Fresh ground coffee tastes WAY better!

I know I need 2 grinders, 2 chutes, 2 bean hoppers-anything else?

Also;

1) with oily beans I find these 637s just "pack out" with grindings in the bullet style grinders-any solutions?

2) can any person rebuild these grinders?

3) I can only vend 120z cups, does any person know of a kit that will allow these 637s to vend a larger cup?

I'll have the info on the grinders for your 945 on Monday and will also find out if there's any chance of doing more than 12 oz in the 633.  I don't think the 633 will go above 12 oz due to machine software even though the cup ring will do 18 oz, but I will find out.

I can also rebuild your grinders if you have some that are worn out.

What beans are you using that are so oily?

I was using an espresso bean-slightly oily. I switched to a dry bean-no problems. I wonder if a 60 rpm motor as opposed to the regular 200 rpm motor would help "stop" the packing and jamming of the grinder. I did find a grinder rebuild kit from crane. Don't worry about the grinder for the 945-we are switiching the machine out in place for an Avalon by cafection.

http://www.cafection.com/images/brochure/specs%20sheet%20total1%20en-feu800a.pdf

http://www.dsvendinginc.com/pdf-manuals/nv10.pdf page 159

Did the compressors arrive yet?

You can't change the grinder speed and I don't believe there are any grinders that run that slow.  You are talking about slowing it down 70% and there's no way to delay the brew cycle by 70% while it waits for the grinder.  There is adjustment to the grinder teeth that will probably cure the packing problem.

I haven't received the compressors yet.  How did you ship them?

THe grinder speed is not what I am talking about. The 60 rpm motor is the motor behind the canister that provides the turing power to the auger inside the bean hopper. If there is no way to "slow the whole process down" then I will have to open the distance on the burr blades. The compressors are were shipped on skid-left Tuesday.

Archived