Is this a good deal???

mrsar66

I first offered $250.He then told me he was selling for $500 but is willing to sell for $400. So I offered $350 and he now wants to split the difference at $375.

In the end it is your decision!

Do you have locations for these?

How long will it take to recoup your money?

Will they last, are parts easily available?

Do you feel comfortable about this purchase?

Can you find a better deal somewhere else?

I also noticed that you are 16, can you get someone older to approach the seller and offer a different deal. Basically seeing if he is trying to screw you because you are young.

Hello grumpy,

I appreciate the response, first off I would just like to address a few of your questions. I do not currently have locations for these machines, but I am working with kickstart as we speak to find a counter top snack machine, if all goes well with kickstart then I will have them locate these machines. If my calculations are correct then with the current price of candy, the cost to locate the machines through kickstart, and the estimated average monthly gross per candy machine.(Average based on my current machines placed). Then it will take me approximately 6-7 months to pay back the machines. The parts are easily available, but the machines are certainly not the best machines out there in terms of quality and look. Now for your hard question. The purchase price does look a little bit to expensive but I live in a Halifax, Nova Scotia and machines do not come along often. I am constantly looking for machines on e-bay, but I guess Canadian do not have as many machines that they want or are willing to sell. I also have a hard time finding Americans that will ship to Canada for a reasonable price. So to answer your question, no I am not happy with the price.

Ok, maybe I worded it wrong and happy should not be the answer. I like that you thought out the process in a logical manner. Instead of happy, how about will it work for you in a time frame that you can afford? We all want to get something as cheap as possible but reality always bites us in a$$. If the machine has parts available, and will last long enough to get your money back, then it really does not matter if it takes 4 months or 8 months. After it is paid for it will make the same amount of money as any other machine the you buy for less or more when it is paid for. Business should not be thought of in short term, your goals should always be long term, but affordable.

You could tell him all you can come up with right now is the $250 and you will have to pass on the deal. Ask if you can check back in another month to see if he still has them. If he is hungry enough he will bite.

• 1 month later...

If the coin mechs are the same as the Seaga Millenia single head ( i think they are ), then there are two things you need to do to increase reliability:

1. Remove the screw that holds the gear on in back and place a large washer (1/2" id x 2" od if memory serves me correctly" over that gear.

2. Put some "Locktite" on that screw and screw it down tight.

The arm tends to flop around or the screw backs out, this solves both those problems.

If the coin mechs are the same as the Seaga Millenia single head ( i think they are ), then there are two things you need to do to increase reliability:

1. Remove the screw that holds the gear on in back and place a large washer (1/2" id x 2" od if memory serves me correctly" over that gear.

2. Put some "Locktite" on that screw and screw it down tight.

The arm tends to flop around or the screw backs out, this solves both those problems.

Thanks for that info Tom. I have a pair of them on location that I will check.