Pitching a mall with a cotton candy machine

RikaKazak

So I've tried to locate malls before, and I've gotten as far as talking with the decision maker (who was going to "think" it over) lol, of course we know how that ended up.

However, I got a solid in with a local mall now (old high school buddy has a spot at the mall and is friend's with the decision maker).

My problem is, I have NO idea what a typical mall contract is like.  Do they do % commission?  (that's the only way I've done cotton candy so far) or do they make you sign a lease?  Just a flat monthly rent?  Do they make you do a minimum of x months? x years?  I have NO idea.

I would prefer to know what's "standard" before I sit down and talk with the DM so I sound a little more knowledgeable.  Especially since I'm 29 and pass for 22-24 a lot of the time.  I've found "knowing my stuff" (more like pretending I know my stuff, lol) really help overcomes my young looks.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this issue for me :D

Malls will require a flat rent and will give you a sales break point. If you go over the break your rent will go up. Most vending lease are a year. Most will require meters

Thank you SO much for this post havending.

Is the internal meter enough to satisfy the "meter" requirement?  And if so, how do you account for "test" vends?  (after every cleaning I test vend 1 cotton candy to make sure no sensors got bumped out of line during the cleaning etc.)

Don't mention anything about meters. That's just another headache.

Most malls don't talk that language... I have never heard of one that does.

Just stick with talking about rent or better yet just commission if you can get away with it.

Don't mention anything about meters. That's just another headache.

Most malls don't talk that language... I have never heard of one that does.

Just stick with talking about rent or better yet just commission if you can get away with it.

Depends on mall I guess we have Simon and CBL contracts and the both use the meter language. Small independent malls may not

Archived