Tattoo folders too thin?

vend101

Is anyone else having a reccurring problems with

A: folders too thin.... you can tell when 10 packages of 30 have a 2-4 inches of space in a box.... wreaking havoc on my cutting edge machines/nw mostly and even sometimes others..and costing me accounts since they fold over inside(because it grabs 1 and half of the next folder) and becomes a money stealer aggravating the customers until they are forced to put tape on it and make an angry call..

B:cardboard folders warping.... not the past horrible what I call "twist warping" ...now just the top and bottom 3 or 4 of each 30 pack warping inward due to the elastic....to the point they can't be run ...

ps  I store mine indoors, with low humidty...not a garage or basement where humidity/heat could be a factor

I only have problems with thin folders from A&A.  This is very frustrating & is a problem mostly in my Cutting Edge machines.  Although I have seen some of my Peninsula & All Star machines will vend 2 folders.  The only flat I run from A&A is NFL Helmets as this is a great seller.  So either way it sucks as it either jams up a machine or vends 2 stickers.  Both are a losing proposition for a vendor.  I also have had problems in the past with flat suppliers that use small rubber bands that dig into the folders.  This can also cause problems in the Cutting Edge machines.

I've had problems with the folders from A&A too.

NFL stickers from A&A are a very hot seller so that's the one flat item I still buy from them.

BUT, if I could find the NFL stickers at-or-about the same price through another supplier I would buy from them over A&A.

Since A&A went with the thinner cardboard it's become too much of a PITA dealing with the misvends, so I just buy all my flat (other than the NFL) from other sources.

agreed aa folders are flimsy..I rarely run thier flat products..expensive, and no free shipping on large orders.....problem is some others  promised to "get the tolerance right", after the warping issue... and it it still happening on certain boxes... The Cutting edge and Northwestern  machines' "slider"  that pushes the folder is a 1/2 mm thicker than the others.. and the others that you mentioned push two because they are loose and grab two..or sometimes the bottom of one slides underneath it..then customer pushes it out now its bent and starts not vending and stealing money.......all caused by thin folders...so aggravating facing pissed off customers, showing up with tape over the slider. big "out of order signs" ...people losing money..losing accounts, "too many refunds", "too much aggravation"... ugh

Archived