Supplier pricing

havending

Cardinal stands out as a leader in value for bulk items. Zipper bands , finger lights, bling teeth, pure plush. All these items sell very well at .75 and even 1.00. I was looking on TJ king for a certain item and started to notice that a few of the items are listed at the same price as the main suppliers are selling it to us for. TJ king prices ESP on one inch are not real bad. There are cost involved for them to purchase , ship, store,sell and market the items. So I wonder what they are getting product for. If I had to guess I would say they buy it for about 30 % less than what they sell it for. Maybe a supplier can chime in and help us create a co op or purchase plan as a group so we can get that great pricing like TJ King and the mega operators.

Interesting.... I always knew TJ King was the second middle man for supplies.  I would def be interested in teaming up to get a discount.  I also wonder what quanities are required to get this type of price cut...??

The problem with the plan is that the people that order enough stuff at a time to influence a supplier don't need to coop. The coop would end up with people that want one bag of this or that. There would be no savings to a supplier because there would still be multiple shipping and billing activities for non profitable sales.

It's not that a supplier wouldn't like to reach new biz but I think the costs would not allow a significant discount

I'm surprised no suppliers want to jump in a teach us how to pull orders together to get the best price it could help push orders to a certain supplier/ sales person. Guess its more important to have mid sized operators pay more in order to help pass better prices on the super large operators and middle men.

Archived