Toy in triple

desert_gold_hound

I thought that I would just let you all know that when I got my 1.1" toy wheel in for my AA (norhtwestern 60 clone) that I triied it in my triples and it worked perfectly. I may do this for locations that only sell one or two items. I would use toys that don't go out of style becouse toys don't go bad.

The displays don't fit but I think I can make my own displays or I will just use a picture (stolen from manufacture).

What do you all think.

Oh yea I used the gumball wheel cover, only the spinning thingy was new.

If your talking the display it will fit in the machine, however; it doesn't fit with the shape so it is pushed back and shadowed. I find it hard to see.

Has this worked good for you?

I know there are a million and one posts on what caps are best. I would just like to know when you only are using one or two toys what seems to work best without going out of date?

I have only two machines with toys that do fair to well. The toys are the old standard metal rings, bouncy balls, I will also be using the puzzle ball when all of the rings are gone, just for a change up.

when you come up with a toy that won't go out of style, please tell me too.

oh, i guess there are slow steady sellers like birthstone rings and balls. boring....

you're in the toy business now. have some fun. try some blockheads or california gold. if they don't sell try, them in another location. if you get stuck with a few products make a mix out of them and throw some puzzle cubes into the mix.

P.S. There are no toys that won't go out of style. especially if you leave them in the same location for more than 4-6 months.

I do this in uturns,even if some condone toys and candy on the same machine.

bouncy balls are a good selling item,maybe boring a bit but they cost almost like a gumball and are consistent sellers.

idk about cali gold haven`t tried it,yet.it will be on my next order.accesories seem to sell well as far as I know.(necklace rings)

sticky eyballs are doing pretty good,small sticky hands do well for me.monkeyin around not so much,steady but it doesnt blow out of my machines. although I haven`t  rotated it to all my machines yet.most will say they do really good.

it is important to have a selection you can switch around and experiment with.

I bought a big variety of toys,haveing just a few might not work unless u get lucky!.if you have 2 toy heads I would buy  4 toys.

I've been thinking about selling toys too since I have lost a number of locations because they don't want gum stains on their sidewalk.

I think tho that if I were to do 1.1" cap toys, that I would buy an assortment and just mix them all together.  If you sell only one kind of toy, then if there is no interest in that toy, then none will sell.  but if you sell an assortment, then there might be some more interest to buy, and there might be more sales if somebody is trying hard to get the toy that they want.  That's especially true I suppose if you seed the mix with high end toys.  Bring down the cost of the high-end toys by mixing with the low-end stuff.

The reasoning for triing the toys for me is becouse I am part owner in a grooming shop. I figured I would give the "Adopt'a'Pup" a try here and see how they went. If they do well I will be hitting up other grooming shops (I know most of the owners). I may also see if a small snack machine does good but instead of snacks I would add dog treats. If that works good then I may offer some of the items customers ask us about such as combs, rakes, shampoo, and more. I don't wont to have to deal with taxes in the shop so if I did it this way I would only be dealing with them through the vending buisness.

DGH,

Displays will fit in triples. If you take a razor blade and cut a notch in the top and bottom of the display, you will be able to bend it to the shape of the canister. I have many that I do that with.

I think that the adopt a puppy is a great item for your shop. Good luck with trying toys. You will be happy with them if you put them in the right places. As Kyle said, you have to switch them out after they start to really slow down.

I have had Monkey'in Around and Glow Sticks in machines for 5+ months and they still sell great.

Gary

Darryl,

Mixing up the toy capsules is good sometimes when you are fading out toys and have a few pieces of each kind left. You should make up a display card that tells customers what is in the machine so they know what they are going after. Some vendors really do well with that type of mix. You can also buy mixes from suppliers that sell well. Try self vending products, (no capsule needed). They usually sell them in bags of 100 for about $.06 each.

Gary