Went out locating for my first time...Interesting experience

cramlow82

I've been doing a lot of research on here... planning out how I want to start off.  I've gotten a lot of good info and suggestions... so I decided it was time to hit the pavement!!!

So I went out for my first time.  Took a while to get my confidence up and work on my technique... but it continually got better.

I obviously got lots of "No's" and I kept telling myself to remember that it's nothing personal, and to keep moving on.  Finally I got my first "Yes"!!!  felt Great!  I kept on going with many more no's and at the end of the day 6 yes's and a few leads on other places that people gave me recommendations on. 

So I ended up with 2 autobody/tire shops, a tattoo/airbrush/vinyl graphics shop, bakery, bicycle shop, and music shop.  I figured that wasn't too bad for only 4 hours of trying (and I didn't want to go to any real restaraunts considering it's Friday and they would be getting ready for the dinner rush).  I think a few will do good, and a few will eventually get moved... but time will tell.

Either way, It was quite the experience.

Feel free to tell me how you think I did?  or share with us your first time out locating.

Six yes's in one day is great!  Locating usually requires follow-up.  For whatever reason, maybe the decision-maker isn't in, they want to have a meeting, etc.  I've only had a few locations where I self-located and was told yes on the spot; so six in one day is really good; congrats!  Follow up on those leads and good luck on making some money!

You nailed it, job well done.  One thing you'll learn is you never know about some accounts.   I gotten locations in the past where I was sure I would eventually be pulling it and come to find out it was a gravy account and vice versa though.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived