spiral locks

zapjones

my experience is with amusements not bulk vending so please forgive my ignorance.  I have a client I am doing some repair work for who needs a lock on a spiral gumball machine.  I don't know the brand.  The lock is for the top entry where the balls are filled and it is the type that screws onto a threaded rod that comes up through the middle of the globe.  The question is it just a standard size vending lock?  Do the various manufacturers use different size locks or are they all standard?

My suggestion would be to take the rod out of the machine, then take the rod to home depot or whatever lumber com. is close and get the size of it. Then call wizer [ spelling might be wrong but you can put the name in the search box on here and get the info. call them and tell them the size and what its for. I'll bet they can set up right up.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old topic but didn't want to start a new thread for a similar question - I just received a couple of these locks that I ordered off ebay a while ago and I noticed that one of them isn't threaded inside, meaning that it won't screw onto the rod inside my NW. Does anyone have experience trying to thread these with a tap or is that more trouble than its worth?
I have access to a tap and dye set (never used it though) and would rather not have to wait a couple more weeks for a replacement lock.

Archived