Hello from the DMV (D.C., Maryland & Virginia)

Royce Reynolds

Hello guys. I am new to the coin vending industry and have been lurking on the boards here for a few months. After seeing some of the helpful information offered by experienced operators and longtime postors on the boards here, I decided to join VENDiscuss finally. I am based out of Columbia, MD and have a plan on serving the DC metro area with bulk candy machines in pizza parlors and restaurants, and prize machines (Key Master, Prize Redemption, etc.) in movie theaters and places that young people frequent. I also want to put combo vending machines in office breakrooms and have a placement person willing to help with that in exchange for me purchasing the machines from his company.

I got into this endeavor after realizing that living in MD is expensive and I wanted a hedge against the rising costs of living here. I would like to use vending as a launching pad for future endeavors like real estate or other investements when I'm older (I'm 25 now) and I have a young son who I'd like to spend more time with, Vending provides successful operators a chance to set their own hours and earn money while they sleep so I'm saving 70% of what I get from my day job here as a Systems Admin. to invest into my company.

I have one active triple headed bulk machine right now performing very well at a pizza shop at the corner of my neighborhood. I'm averiging about $23 a month from it as its a very high traffic location. The manager owns another location on the other side of town and just asked me if I wanted it so I will be expanding really soon.

Hopefully I learn alot from you guys here and then can contribute my own ideas.

-Royce

Hello guys. I am new to the coin vending industry and have been lurking on the boards here for a few months. After seeing some of the helpful information offered by experienced operators and longtime postors on the boards here, I decided to join VENDiscuss finally. I am based out of Columbia, MD and have a plan on serving the DC metro area with bulk candy machines in pizza parlors and restaurants, and prize machines (Key Master, Prize Redemption, etc.) in movie theaters and places that young people frequent. I also want to put combo vending machines in office breakrooms and have a placement person willing to help with that in exchange for me purchasing the machines from his company.

I got into this endeavor after realizing that living in MD is expensive and I wanted a hedge against the rising costs of living here. I would like to use vending as a launching pad for future endeavors like real estate or other investements when I'm older (I'm 25 now) and I have a young son who I'd like to spend more time with, Vending provides successful operators a chance to set their own hours and earn money while they sleep so I'm saving 70% of what I get from my day job here as a Systems Admin. to invest into my company.

I have one active triple headed bulk machine right now performing very well at a pizza shop at the corner of my neighborhood. I'm averiging about $23 a month from it as its a very high traffic location. The manager owns another location on the other side of town and just asked me if I wanted it so I will be expanding really soon.

Hopefully I learn alot from you guys here and then can contribute my own ideas.

-Royce

Hi and welcome to TVF. I would urge you take a much closer look at full line vending with combo machines. Combos, while ok in some sitiations, is not the way to do full line vending and expect to make a reasonable return on your investment, especially working with a locatator salesman. If you are buying new or nearly new equipment it will be many years for you to recoup your investment.

Archived