Golden Eye Question

vavendor

I have a AP Studio 2D snack machine with golden eye technology. However, the golden eye is apparently not enabled because each purchase the spirals only turn one complete turn, whether a product falls or not. Pushing the service mode button and then 20 takes you to golden eye setup mode. gidr then appears on the screen. I am not sure how to enable the golden eye feature. Any help will be appreciated.

Your display of gidr by pressing mode 20 means you have a SL logic board and this board is very cryptic on all of it's programming.  The gidr message indicates that Golden Eye is on and set to the "Drop" setting.  This means that a motor will stop as soon as a product breaks the light beam and this is the best setting to avoid double vends.  When you service the machine, pressing the door switch will home any motors that have been left off home by the Drop setting.

You may need to enable the selections in your machine that will be controlled by Golden Eye.  The default is all selections are enabled.  When you see gidr, use the right arrow and view all the selections that are programmed to be controlled by the GE sensors.  If any or all of your selections are missing you can add them by simply entering the selection numbers you want to add to GE.  If you want to delete any selections (you probably don't need to), press the # key when that selection is on the display during GE programming.

If all selections are visible by scrolling right, then you may have a bad sensor, which should also be giving you GE errors, which can be viewed under mode 21.

The manual states that mode 21 only reports the total number of missed GE vends, in two 4 digit parts, so I would think what you're reading is means there have only been 4 missed GE vends (I doubt it is 4000).  Has GE been working up until now?  Or have you just found out it isn't and you don't know how long it's not been working?  There should be a visible red LED on the transmitting sensor that will go out when the light beam is interrupted.  Check for misalignment of one of the sensors, a loose harness to one end or the other and try flexing one end to see if you can get the transmitting LED to come on.  You might need to play with either end to get the LED to work, as you don't know which end might be out of alignment.

Archived