VE Connect

Randy 805

Does anybody here have any experience using the VE Connect machines?

http://www.veii.com/innovations/ve-connect

I'm not sure exactly what kind of machine it is, do they manufacture it or is it simply an older machine with new graphics and a new door?  Is it a reliable machine and function as advertised?

The VE Connect is a LCD video screen that has been designed with the help of Intel.  The worst thing about it is the price - multiple thousands of dollars.  The screen replaces the typical glass window on different models of machines, and is a proprietary door assembly built by VE to put on different models of machines.  It is a design that will work best in a highly trafficked public location.  Until I found out the cost of the door, I thought it would do well in hotel lobbies, but not now.

What do they go for price wise?  There's no pricing information on the website...  Are they new machines or old refurbished ones with a new door & graphics?  What is the base model of machine they use?

You would have to call VE for pricing, but I have been told you will find a machine with the VE Connect door to be over $5000.  I'm pretty sure they don't advertise the price because vendors would be shocked to see the prices.  This way they can give you the spiel on it before you keel over from the pricing.  Let us know what they quote if you do speak to them.  They are probably putting them on refurbished AP113's or 7600's or possibly on National 157's or 167's.  They build the doors, cover them with graphics (or paint them if you prefer) and install the electronics.

Archived