GOT GUMBALLS ONLY ?

vendboy

Darryl Perry  member name dperry does gumball only and has talked extensively about it. So go to the member list and look up his back posts and you will find some good information about that. Also chuck, but he hasn't been around in a while.

You could do just gum balls but it really limits the customers that will buy from your machine. Why would you put it in a triple with all gum balls? Singles would be best or spirals.

Averages will be higher, the more variety you give people. You have to look at each account to determine the type of machine and products you will sell in them.

If you are in the middle of the mall, just gum balls will do great. If you are in a store in the mall and the mall has a huge gum ball display, you don't do gumballs. You do something else.

I think that is what you are asking?

Gary

You could do just gum balls but it really limits the customers that will buy from your machine. Why would you put it in a triple with all gum balls? Singles would be best or spirals.

Strangely enough, there is a double head gumball machine in a local indian restaruant that I frequent.  I have to wonder why they have a double there.

Does anyone do gumballs only?

How do you do?  Singles, Doubles, Triples ?

What do you Average a month ? :P

Hi Vendboy,

Like Tstrong said, I do only gumballs.  I have one location that does about $70 a month, and I have many that do about $15 a month.  Then I have some more that do about $3 a month.  But if you average them all together, I do about 50c a day, or $15 a month each.

And they are all singles.  The only variation I may have is when I do 2for1 gumballs, or 1 for 10c.  I use all the same brand and flavor so I don't have to keep too much stock. 

I have 60-90 day service cycles so I don't have to drive too much and that way I have at least $20 in the machine when I do a servicing.  It's not worth it to service a location with less than $20 in it.

I really love the simplicity of your business model Darryl. If I weren't going whole hog on the racks right now, I'd go exclusively GB. Even though I failed with my Single head/single product experiment. I was doing all PMM though. I believe GB, with their lower COG and longer service intervals, would work better.

Steve 

I decided to try GB only at our food booth for the county fair. Not a lot of space this time.

Kids went crazy. Today was day three of the fair. The globe is about half empty! I forgot the keys or I would have pulled the money out tonight. I need to refill it. It has been amazing.

I use the double bubble regular flavors in it.

*notice* Not typical... LOL

the wife brought the machine home last night. Decided it was too juicy of a target for the kids out late.

$32.01 Most of which happened yesterday! One gb machine, sitting on a table at a food booth at a county fair.

The penny? LOL someone tried for a freebie I guess. I also had one put a nickel in it. That one did nt pass and had to be removed.

The rest of my machines do about equal pmm and gb.