Olive Garden: A Very Interesting Location!!

T BIRD

Exactly two weeks ago I placed a double head A&A Elite in Olive Garden.  ( I am  becoming unhappier by the minute with this machine btw ).  Anyway the point of this thread is the location itself.  It's not so much because it is at Olive Garden but where the machine is placed.  It is located inside the kitchen!  That is very new for me.  I actually placed a double head in the kitchen of Ruby Tuesday the same day as Olive Garden.

The machine at Olive Garden could literally be a gold mine for me and T Bird Vending.  It has done $35.00 in exactly two weeks.  But..........the M&M candy wheel was mis vending and way too much product was coming out.  Way too much product.  Two of the workers told me after it got empty.  And the Ike and Mikes head got seriously jammed up and was out of order for over 3 days. ( they called me but I was in Florida ).  So I fixed everything today.  To me it is one of those locations that you dream about.  I have a feeling I will NOT be able to keep enough product in it for more than 2 weeks maximum.  I will keep everyone posted.  Move over Lowes!  Move over Walmart!  Here comes Olive Garden!.........lol!!

So gang.......just following up here on what I wrote on Thursday August 21st.  It is now Thursday August 28th.  I went to Olive Garden this afternoon because I had one of the candy wheels on screwy and the employees were continuing to get very large handfuls of M&M Dark from it.  The manager called me and told me earlier today.  So I simply took a brand new NW60 double on a Tempo stand there and switched machines.  I changed the Mike and Ike product to M&M Peanut to go along with M&M Dark. So anyway I got the machine back to the shop and opened it up:  Exactly $48.00 total from both heads.  And that is in 7 days.  I nearly fell over backwards I was so happy. Someone up above is really looking out for me and for that I am very grateful. 

Marjorie and Jacklyn at Midwest rock!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone up above is really looking out for me and for that I am very grateful. 

Well John, Massachusetts is due north of you (or "up above") :D

Just remember all of us when you finally move into Mr. Folz's office!

Steve

T Bird Johnny wrote:

Someone up above is really looking out for me and for that I am very grateful. 

Well John, Massachusetts is due north of you (or "up above") :D

Just remember all of us when you finally move into Mr. Folz's office!

Steve

LOL!  I drove by Folz' office and factory just the other day.  I would love to speak with him.  I tried but to no avail.  I gotta check Ruby Tuesday Steve where you had lunch the other day.  That's the other spot I have a double in the kitchen area. I will go by there tomorrow.

I called Marjorie at Midwest and told her about Olive Garden.  She was thrilled to hear it.  She said shew would try to get me other O G s in the area.  Yeeessssss!!

Johnny,

I mentioned the placement of a machine to someone I know at am]n Appleby's here...She said that when they first opened they had one there..but the candy would melt and or gum up because of the heat in the kitchen..

Is theer a secret to the Kitchen placement??  I would love to place machines in these

Johnny,

I mentioned the placement of a machine to someone I know at am]n Appleby's here...She said that when they first opened they had one there..but the candy would melt and or gum up because of the heat in the kitchen..

Is theer a secret to the Kitchen placement??  I would love to place machines in these

Jay........Youre right.  It does get hot in there.  The M&Is kinda melted against the springs of the brush housing last week.  It had been there for 2 weeks at that point.  But the cooks said there was a power failure and that the kitchen became unbearable because of that. This past week the M&Is were fine and the M&Ms were fine. So I don't know.  I will have to watch and see.

Johnny,

Midwest just replaced one of our slow movers with a Pizzeria UNO. We are in the kitchen between the ice machine and delivery door.  It's a single Certs. Just placed it so haven't been back.

They call it their 'break area'.  Hopefully the workers (smokers) see it on their way in after a puff.

We are by the Front Door of a Bar/restaurant again with a Certs. It's a major chain we got through Midwest. It's our top moneymaker.  Trying to switch to D.I.  There definitely isn't room for a double.

Dearest Rob.........you are not reading the posts carefully buddy.;)   Post 26 says what?  Now THAT is bringin' home the bacon, the bread, and the milk & eggs.  MidWest is "off the chain " pal!  Marjorie and Jacklyn ARE the goods................:)

I am really riding a wave here with this location and a few others.  I went to Olive Garden today.  It seems I have to get there every 7-10 days.  More towards 7 though.  I picked up $68.50 for the 7 days.  And they told me to change the M&M Dark to Reese's Pieces which I barely had enough to fill a globe with.  The M&M Dark was not a big hit. So.........I guess I will see how it goes the next 7 days.

Thanks guys. I am sure it will settle down some but it sure is lots of fun collecting all of those quarters. I have to fine tune how I am collecting quarters from this NW 60 machine which is new for me. I use a plastic container to scoop the quarters into. But it can be seen by others by the time I have scooped them all in which is what happened yesterday. I have to speed up or hide the process better somehow. Its obvious to all that folks are using the machine alot but they do not to see a mountain of quarters.

If there are people around I will carry the machine to a less busy spot to collect the quarters, then bring it back and clean it where it stood.

Excellent point! I have thought about this at a couple of locations but never done it. I might do that if the need arises.

Also as far as the location and the numbers this guy consistantly pulls. I think T-Bird could stick one of these machines in his attic and it would collect quarters:D 

Keep up the good work Johnny!

David

Hey T-Bird !

Sounds like you found a good one. Think you might be able to convince them into allowing you to place one in the lobby ? Then again, corporate might poo-poo that idea.

Craig

Thats a nice thought but..........too difficult going through corporate.  this is an easy way of getting around them since the machine has nothing to do with the public.

If there are people around I will carry the machine to a less busy spot to collect the quarters, then bring it back and clean it where it stood.

Excellent point! I have thought about this at a couple of locations but never done it. I might do that if the need arises.

Also as far as the location and the numbers this guy consistantly pulls. I think T-Bird could stick one of these machines in his attic and it would collect quarters:D 

Keep up the good work Johnny!

David

LOL!!  You have me rolling here.

Just wait until you find cardboard slugs in your machines everyone like I have that read "I spent all my quarters at the Olive Garden, NY". My bank is now requesting quarters because of some shortage they say is being traced to New York.

Just wait until you find cardboard slugs in your machines everyone like I have that read "I spent all my quarters at the Olive Garden, NY". My bank is now requesting quarters because of some shortage they say is being traced to New York.

lol!!  Good one Mr. Beer Man!!