which rack configuration

F J Vending

Anyone have large racks (5 or more heads) with just 1"? What are the positive/negatives?

I have several locations with doubles and triples all selling 1" toys. I have a few locations with racks that include 1 or 2 - 2" machines. I have 1 location that I am going to put new machines in (currently it has a 6 head rack 2-2" and 4-1") and 2 others that I will be upgrading from doubles or triples to a rack. Most of my 1" machines are vending at .25, so with the upgrades I will be going to .50.

My dilemma is do I go with typical 5/7 way racks with 1" on bottom and 2" on top? For some reason I keep thinking I should go with 6 way racks all 1". I am a little nervous about increasing the prices. Especially at one location since I have had issues with kids trying to use nickels and dimes and claiming the machine took their money. This was determined based on business owner said he was giving a lot of refunds and me finding $9.65 in dimes and nickels for a 2 month service.

I only have a few location with 2" so maybe going with typical 5/7 way rack will also help get me more 2" machines and therefore more variety in 2" product.

Thanks

I think it's product over kill doing six one inch machine's on one rack. Why not put sticker machine and two inch machine on the top.diversity is the key my friend. Not only with product but the types of options you have.

Anyone have large racks (5 or more heads) with just 1"? What are the positive/negatives?

I have several locations with doubles and triples all selling 1" toys. I have a few locations with racks that include 1 or 2 - 2" machines. I have 1 location that I am going to put new machines in (currently it has a 6 head rack 2-2" and 4-1") and 2 others that I will be upgrading from doubles or triples to a rack. Most of my 1" machines are vending at .25, so with the upgrades I will be going to .50.

My dilemma is do I go with typical 5/7 way racks with 1" on bottom and 2" on top? For some reason I keep thinking I should go with 6 way racks all 1". I am a little nervous about increasing the prices. Especially at one location since I have had issues with kids trying to use nickels and dimes and claiming the machine took their money. This was determined based on business owner said he was giving a lot of refunds and me finding $9.65 in dimes and nickels for a 2 month service.

I only have a few location with 2" so maybe going with typical 5/7 way rack will also help get me more 2" machines and therefore more variety in 2" product.

Thanks

If you only have 1" machines on your rack, your leaving the door wide open for another vendor to come in. They could pitch a sticker machine, a 2" vendor or a combination of both.

You want to do your best to 'lock-down' the location. If your rack has 1", 2" and sticker machines, the only way to get in for another vendor is by using a specialty machine, mini pin, chicken, crane etc.

When I bought my route, the previous owner had a location with an 8 way rack, 6 heads of which were selling Brand Sqwish stuff. Talk about product overkill. I eliminated all the heads of Sqwish over time and replaced them with other products, eliminated three of the 1" heads and replaced them with a 4 column A&A sticker machine. I've seen a 72% increase in sales on average since making these changes. With racks, variety is very important. And now that I have several sticker machines on my route, I wouldn't even consider placing a rack without at least 2 columns of temp tattoos/stickers. The NFL stickers from A&A account for almost 50% of sales at some of my locations. Other locations, temp tattoos can do 30-40% of sales on a large rack. Now that I have flat items, I couldn't imagine going back to the days when I didn't have them.

Archived