My first 10 months

Well....with 2013 in the books.....I thought I'd relay how my first 7 Wittern machine placements did.

A recap:

• Started with 3 machines in a large hotel breakroom in March.  This location has an indoor water park that fills the joint in the spring/summer and the hotel is WAY down through most of the winter.  50% monthly drops in revenue.
  • Added 2 machines in "public" area of the hotel in summer (1 in June, 1 in July). 
  • 2 machines in a railroad factory - slow in summer, busy in winter.
  • All 7 machines were brand new and have credit card readers.

Sales across these 7 machines for the 10 months:  $33,451. This accounts for 27,680 total vends, averaging $1.21 per vend.  21% of all my sales were via credit card.

Hotel wants me to put in an ice cream machine in early March.........which I will do.  I will spend 2014 embarking on this and other used equipment opportunities.

So my vending venture is off to a great start.  Once the debt load is taken care of - and assuming I can keep these locations - I'll be in good shape. 

Thanks to everyone that has helped me along the way in 2013.  I look forward to helping you one day! 

Great post.  I might make a similar post when I get home tonight.  Caserri I loved seeing the posts in the revenue section and found inspiration to start vending from some of those threads. 

I wish we could bring that back.

Thanks.  I'd love to hear from more of you.  Some won't share, I get that.  They've got something to hide I guess.  Or they don't want to take the time.  I get it.  Doing this actually inspires myself too.  It forces me to look at the numbers a bit more than I do during the average work cycle.  Since this is part time for me now.............I don't mind looking and critiquing the numbers.  I learned a lot in year 1.  Watching posts inspires me to look at other vending ideas and products as well.  Thank you to  everyone that contributes. 

3 months we have been going, started with just machines and found 3 accounts, 7 machines total on location (3snack and 4 soda). Averaging just over 300 gross per week total at this time. Just now figuring out how to manage stales, also figuring out that cans are great for the slow selling soda flavored. Also figuring out pricing. As you can see I am still in the learning phase. Thanks everyone for all of your great posts and helping each other out!

May this new year be good for all.

Archived