Why is it so hard for my 1800 triples to vend gumballs?

MikeFeldman

Been having this problem for so long. i don't even fill my machines halfway and its like i filled them with rocks. its a canister designed to vend 1 inch gumballs and its not working for me i just dont get it. really sick of this dont know what to do. all my canisters have agitators(a lot of the plastic ones have broke) and the holes are opened wide enough.

I run about 50 vendstars and I remember when I set them up there is a mark on the wheel (bottom peice of the dispenser) that must be in the right spot for it to dispense every time. Does this sound familiar to anyone that uses vendstars? 

My thoughts:

There is a plate under the wheel. There is 2 pins that keep this plate from turning.  If the plate turns, it will block the opening so the GB won't be able to exit.  If you look from the bottom up, you'll see this plate and the pins if they are there.  Try to spin the plate.  If it moves, then replace it

Bart

My thoughts:

There is a plate under the wheel. There is 2 pins that keep this plate from turning.  If the plate turns, it will block the opening so the GB won't be able to exit.  If you look from the bottom up, you'll see this plate and the pins if they are there.  Try to spin the plate.  If it moves, then replace it

Bart

This happened to a couple utruns I have < good call Bart

Check the screw that holds the gear located on the back of the mech.  Tighten if it's loose.  My second thought is that possibly when you set the canister in place, that maybe the gumball wheel and gear are lined up correctly.  Last resort is to replace the wheel.

Check the screw that holds the gear located on the back of the mech.  Tighten if it's loose.  My second thought is that possibly when you set the canister in place, that maybe the gumball wheel and gear are lined up correctly.  Last resort is to replace the wheel.

do you need to put the canisters in a certain way? i usually just fill em up, plop em into place and lock the machine.

do you need to put the canisters in a certain way? i usually just fill em up, plop em into place and lock the machine.

Yeah, so always check to insure that one open hole is hovering over the chute.  There should be two holes filled visible when you look inside.  Also when you inserted the canister, the "teeth" on the gumball wheel might not be properly aligned with the gear.

Archived