List of Vendors

tallguy

I'm just starting out.  I haven't got any machines yet.  I'm in the paperwork stage.  I filed for an LLC today.  I'm going to file for a business license at the county office tomorrow.  I know I can ask them questions but my previous experiences with government tell me the counter clerks don't always tell you everything you need to know.  

I know that I need to file for a sales tax permit as well.  Can I do that at the county?  I know that I need to put a sticker on the machine that says who I am?  Will I need to report each individual machine to them?  Is this public data?  Is there a list of vendors and how many machines they have anywhere in public files?  It seems like if you have to put the sticker on the machine, listing the owner publicly is just one more step.  

My strategy is to dip my feet into the market and then either expand quickly or pull the plug.  It seems like a publicly available list of machines would be a lot of help in route sales whether I am a buyer or a seller.

Depending on your locale and state, sales tax will apply in varying degrees to vending.  You will likely be required to have a state resale license and possibly a city and/or county sales tax license.  You will open your bank accounts and get your licenses in the formal name of your business.  You're correct that you shouldn't expect any advice from the state, county or city revenue offices as that is always considered legal advice which they can't give.

Unless there is a regulation pertaining to it, you are not required to put your name or phone number on your machines, but it is the smart thing to do as you want to know if your machine malfunctions.  There could also be tax stickers that need to be displayed on your machines as well.

There should not be a public record of details of any vending company other than the legal name, officers, address, etc.  There will never be any public listing of locations or machines that any vendor owns unless there has been a UCC statement filed when the machines were first financed and liened against. 

Archived