Breaking into and stealing

rakusa

Was the whole location hit or just your machine? If it was the location then you just happened to be another source of money while they were there. Not much of a reason to pull out unless it was a poor performer. Stay if you can fix or replace the machine. If it was just your machine then it may warrant you pulling out. How was it broken into? Did someone jimmy the lock or smash the globe?

Just my machine was hit and they jimmeyed a space between the coin box and plastic body large enough to slide quarters through. It had to be the cleaning crew after hours cause it probably took time to slide $20 in quarters through such a small horizontal slit. Not on a stand.

I replaced the machine but if I have to check it more frequently then bi monthly, costs go up as you know. Haven't reported it to the manager yet since they probably won't care.

Thanks

Its a business decision like anything else. How good is the location and what is your risk going forward?

Smashed globe at a good location ( kid either knocked it over or someone took a hammer to it)  - replaced $6 globe and no problems since.

Auto repair shop, someone put  vise-grips on the handle and twisted untill the coin carrier broke and the machine was free vending gum. Replaced coin mech first time, pulled head and replaced handle with racheting type second time- no problems since.

Taking money is serious. Once thieves have a taste for money from your machine they usually dont stop on their own.

I would have reported it right away to them. If they steal from your machine then they will steal from the business. Is there any chance that it was caught on a security camera or can you move it to an area that is covered by a camera? I think I would have filed a police report also.

I would have reported it right away to them. If they steal from your machine then they will steal from the business. Is there any chance that it was caught on a security camera or can you move it to an area that is covered by a camera? I think I would have filed a police report also.

Good point beer!