VN4510 with an error...

Winegar

Feeling a little bit like someone kicked my dog.... I'm sorry this is a little long, I have ADD pretty bad!...

Well, my shims came in today for my Vendo720... Now I should be able to do cans and 16.9oz bottles... My coin cassette also came in today (replaced my DBA cassette with a DBB) so I can store $1 coins, since I had my VN2512 updated to take the new $5 bills.....so, I'm out in the garage freezing as its -12 degrees here with the windchill....

In the past two weeks, I had noticed that from time to time when I'm in the machine and mess with the changer, on occasion it gives me 4 flashes.... Dispenser error.... I press the door close button and it resets and seems fine...... Close the door and insert $2 (price set at $1.50) it gives me 2 quarters and seems fine!..... Thinking back a week or so, with my first cassette, I loaded all the change manually and noticed once it gave me too many dimes when I inserted odd change.... Got busy with something else and forgot about it!.....

I got reminded of the error today when I put in my new cassette and preformed the "float up" and filled the tubes from the coin slot on top..... $1 coins,.... filled..... Check!..... Quarters,..... Both tubes filled,.... Check!....... Nickels (where the dimes were in other cassette)...... rejected,.. rejected,.... Etc...... I did the "teach" for nickels... Flashes every time I put one in and at #21 it goes to error...... This is when I remembered the payback error a week priror,..... I hand fill half the nickels..... Try a $1 coin, quarter and 3 dimes... Dimes straight to bank, machine at $1.55 for a $1.50 vend.... Make selection & it says exact change only and gives me $1 coin, 2 quarters and 4 nickels...... :-(

Is there something I can try to fix this problem?.... I tried a despensor test and it gave me one coin from each other tube and 4 from tube A nickels....

I hope to one day be able to contribute to other new venders like you have me!

I took oFf the cassette and pressed a button to watch it try and despense one coin... Arm 4, 3, & 2 make one clean rotation and is smooth, arm 1 (nickels) makes two smooth rotations then a very fast 4-5 clicks, then two more smooth rotations....

That is a bad payout assembly and the coin mech needs to be rebuilt.  I can send you and exchange coin mech if you'd like.  It's too bad you didn't exchange this before you bought a different cassette because I could have sent you a rebuilt mech with the cassette you wanted.  Send me a PM if you'd like an exchange for this.

AZ-... I tried to PM you, but it says your box is full!... I had a friend with the cassette I needed and just traded him straight up!... I just had to wait on it!...

I however did get it figured out & fixed!

I noticed that moisture had gotten in around the coin mech, at first thinking the machine had been salted in the past or something... But I traced it up to the top corner of the door above the coin mech, the silicone was lacking good contact in that area... I read the manual and removed the mech,.... In dissembling the black despensor from the main body, I noticed the 14 conductor ribbon that connects the two sections had the same moisture deposits as found other places... I removed and disassembled the despensor to check the condition of the teeth and motors, (& figure out how this thing works, cool & simple system) then cleaned the ribbon with alcohol, a fine razor and a very light coat of di-electric grease... Reassembled, and works perfect and no noise at all from the mech, smooth and no clicking!!!....takes all coins and dispenses all variables possible as I tried all combinations... All teeth on the gears looked perfect and helix on the motors were flawless..

Well, at least now I have almost a full understanding of how my machine works!

Archived