Cleaning bill acceptor

caserri

I usually use Lucky Stripe cleaning pads to clean my acceptors but I just realized I'm fresh out. I'm placing a machine tomorrow and the acceptor is not pulling the bills in. It could use a good cleaning.

Does anyone know of any common household products I can use? I was thinking of cutting some construction paper to size and saturating it with some sort of cleaning agent.

What sort of cleaner do you recommend? Or should I just put tape over the acceptor until I get the Lucky Stripes in next week.

Steve

Guys.

While we are on the subject of cleaning pads, how often should you use them? According to the manufacture, they would like you to use them every week or two on busy machines. I feel like they come out clean when I use them and then I throw them away like it says. Sometimes I will run them through a couple of times. It seems like a waste. Can they be saved in a ziplock bag and used again? I use them on my cranes and gravity hill about once a month. I am paying about $1 per pad. Do you have a place you can buy them cheaper?

Thanks

Gary

I agree,I have never cleaned my own dbv`s in my various machines.they are all mars,whih imo are far supirior to coinco.MY PEPSI GUY GAVE ME A COUPLE OF PADS BUT i HAVE NEVER USED THEM.I also think its a waste to use 1 per machine.one day I might do all my machines with the same pad

imo they should be cleaned every 6 month unless its a great location then maybe 4-5.

another way to do it is to clean it after so many thousands of $$$ go thru it

Yes John, My validators are junk. :D I have to clean them weekly or they wont pull a bill. Yes they are Maka. :X

I have coinco changers that have been carbon dated to the pre-hythectic era and cause no issues at all.

Steve

On the first service of each quarter I spend an extra 10 minutes at each location to "clean". I brush out the coils on the drink machines, wipe down the fronts of the machines, check for burnt bulbs, and clean the validators. I use the cleaning cards, but I use only one card per location. So a card may clean one validator or six validators depending on what location I'm at. Weekly, or even monthly card cleaning is overkill.

JD

• 5 months later...

One thing that I have done with the cards is as it is being drawn into the validator, grab it so that it can't be pulled in and the belt or wheels spin against the pad. When it comes back out, you will be surprised at the spot left behind. I do the same as coinvestor and just use one per location and only every few months.

• 1 month later...

The thing with laundry mats is all the lint in the air will get to the validators much faster than if the machine was in a breakroom in an office building. I've been using Zep foaming cleaner and paper towels (the cheap lint-free kind that you dry your hands with in public bathrooms) and it works very well with validators as well as coin mechs.