1" and 2" Superballs or Toys?

McMEnterpr

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying Labor Day. I have a few single-head machines running 1" and 2" superballs and haven't attempted to sell toys before. Based on your experience, have you found that toys or superballs sell better in a single head setup?

Additionally, how do you decide which toys to buy?

Thanks,

Brian

Definitely capsuled toys. Definitely 2" capsuled toys, the ones that are current fads (e.g. Homies), are the best seller. 1" capsuled toys are 2nd, and superballs last. Though the right mix of superballs (they need sports balls, pool balls, etc mixed in with regular cheap balls) can still sell better than 1" capsuled toys. You also need to put them on a double or even better a triplehead for the best results. A rack will do well too --- all the big guys (million dollar +++ per year companies) do racks!

Good luck

When selling toys and super balls I suggest selling them by using a rack. At smaller locations I use a rack that holds four Northwestern Super 60 machine (two on top and two on the bottom). At larger locations I use the Northwestern High Five (two super 80s on top and three Super 60s on the bottom). Super balls, toys and gumballs sell well for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Another idea you can try on triples/racks is to mix the 1" balls and mixed toys together to get the average cost down a little.  This has worked very well for me.  Remember that 1" balls and 850 ct gum is your cheapest product to buy and best margins, squeeze them out anywhere you can.

I am not a fad/fancy toy guy, I almost always use closeouts/discontinued items and basic superballs and mix them all together into a big toy "soup" of low-cost, high margin product.  many times you can get higher end toys as part of a mix (A&A does this regularly) for a lot less than buying the particular series.

A good triple strategy I use is Assorted Gum mixed with Watermelon, Apple, etc in the middle of a Mini Giant triple, and toy balls and mixed toys (with balls) on either side of the triple.  Another option if gum is doing especially well would be to use a special gum on one side and toy mix on the other.

With racks I stick with gum, 1" and 2" toys/balls consistently.  Only add candy if there is a request from the owner or test it on a small single if you can before adding it to a rack.

Joe, NEPA Vending

Thanks for the informative responses. I'm getting ready to order my first 2" capsule toys. Do you have any recommendations about which ones to buy?

I've heard that Monkey' Around does pretty well. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian

monkeying around are 1.1 inch not 2 fyi.

with the limited experiance that I have with 2 inch caps,I can say that sticky hands are my best seller.

care bears do good adopt a puppie do all right.

other more experianced vendors have done well with glo crosses  splterz among others.

also look here:

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=1491&forum_id=1&jump_to=21734#p21734

For your first order or two, keep it simple with a mystery mix or closeout mix or something similar.  You can get them dirt cheap and they are usually some really good deals and the toys are pretty good too.  Check with A&A.

Joe

Brian,

I hope i am not to late to help. The best way for to go is to call A&A and ask to speak to Cindy at extension 451 and just ask here what her HOT items are. Sometimes she will be able to tell you about items that are on sale and don't show on the website. Just talk to her and she will be able to help you out greatly.

Amen Joe, I do the same thing in mixing 1" balls and toys to make my own mixes. It does increase your profit margins and does really well to appeal to kids in smaller restaurant that cannot support a small or mid-size rack. I've had good results getting $100 accounts with these cheap toy mixes and a 1" gumball (now I'm going to a 7/8" gumball).

Hope this helps.

Mark