Newbie and a DN276e

Hello folks

I'm new here. My name is John. I posted in the introductions forum this weekend with the topic title Newbie in SC.

I have a used DN276e and I have a few questions specific to it and maybe a few general questions.

This machine was vending 20 oz pepsi products and 24oz water bottles when I got it.

I have loaded it this way:

20oz Deer Park      This column used to vend 24oz water

20oz Gatorade

20oz Gatorade     These 3 columns used to vend 20oz sodas

20oz Gatorade

24oz Pepsi              These 2 columns used to vend 20oz sodas

24oz Diet Pepsi   

the last column is empty. I plan to put Diet Mountain Dew in it and it used to vend 24oz water.

Here are the problems I have so far.

I put a few Deer Park in and it vended fine so I filled the column and now it won't vend at all. I believe it says "make another selection" when you press the selection.

The Gatorades vend fine.

The 24oz sodas do not vend. Sometimes it just takes the money and makes "vending noises" but does not vend the drink. Sometimes it vends with no problem. Once it pinched a pinhole in the side of the a bottle and made a mess.

I know I will probably have to move the spacer in the back of each column but I have now idea how to figure what is proper. I wonder it maybe this machine will not vend the 24oz sodas since they will not fit 2 deep in the column.

Does anyone know of a cutaway animation or some other video that shows just how the machine works? It is still a bit of a mystery to me exactly what happens and how the drink comes out of the machine when a button is pressed.

So that is where I am right now. If anyone has suggestions, comments, or questions I please fire away. I know this group is the right place for me to be.

thanks

John

Welcome to the forums, John.  You will get invaluable help here.

You will always have trouble with the Deer Park 20 oz water as it is not their vendible bottle (I don't care what the case wrapping states) so when it gets cold in the machine the bottles get soft and jam the column.  To remove the jam you need to empty the column and get to the jammed bottle.  If one is stuck next to the rotor (part that rotates around to vend products) then unplug the machine.  Remove the motor cover and locate the brass tab for the motor brake on this motor.  The tab is located hugged up against the motor magnet.  Press the brass tab against the magnet to release the back pressure against the bottle and the rotor should rotate away from the bottle a bit.  You should now be able to remove the stuck bottle.  After it is removed, power the machine up and press you door switch to home that motor.

If you are going to continue with 20 oz water then you need to locate a source of Dasani or Aquafina bottles that are hard when sitting warm on a shelf.  Those would be bottles that are injected with nitrogen to firm the bottles up for vending.  If any bottles are soft on the shelf they will get softer in the cold machine.  If you can't find hard 20 oz bottles then you need to find 16.0 oz bottles from Deer Park.  Those bottles will have ribs formed into the bottle from top to bottom to stiffen them for vending.  A vend products distributor should have all of these products.  You might also find the Deer Park 16 oz at Walmart or Sam's Club.  If you decide to use the 16 oz Deer Park you will need to install a Can Shim in the column and a rod/spring in your rotor and then probably also adjust the price for that selection.

The 24 oz bottles will vend after you properly set up your columns.  The first thing to do is adjust the motor cam to one product deep vending.  Look at the brown motor timing cam and you will see that it is two parts - a front adjustable cam and the rear cam.  Slightly bent the front cam away from the rear cam and rotate the front until the *** on the rear will fit in the hole in the front cam at the #1 locator hole.  This will give you only one notch on the edge of the cam for the motor switch to fall into and will cause the motor to vend one product before the rotor reloads.  Then set your column depth by adjusting the rear spacer.  Proper adjustment is with the bottles pushed against the spacer and you can get only one finger of room between the front end of the bottle and the depressed sold out paddle.  Make sure the rear spacer is adjusted evenly right and left, top and bottom.

Thanks AZ.

Funny, I got that Deer Park because it said "It vends!" on the case wrap. Could I use the 20oz springtime water? That's readily available at Sam's

You dropped gold nuggets all over that post. The rear spacer adjustment info was exactly what I was looking for a the cam timing adjustment still kinda intimidates me but I'll be grabbing that bull by the horns soon.

Thank you so much

John

I can't vouch for any water other than the 16 oz ribbed bottle or the Dasani and Aquafina with nitrogen charge.  You might have a regional bottle that could work, but basically any store brand bottle is too soft to use.  Again, the key is that the bottle must be firm and not squishable when it  is warm or it will jam in the machine when cold.

Sam's in my area has a brand that works pretty well in machines.  I believe it is Ice Mountain and you have to look for the particular packaging that specifies that it vends.  I used to use them and rarely had any problems with misvends.  I've since switched to another brand to one that works even better called Cumberland Gap.  Like AZ says, you definitely have to have bottles that are hard at room temp.

I adjusted the cams today. It was really simple once I was there looking at it. My fat arm won't fit in the column far enough to reach the rear spacer. Day job is really sucking up my time right now but I will getthis thing ready by next week. I knew this forum was the right place to come.

John

Archived