Took the Plunge!

Larman

Hello All,

I purchased 10 Vendstar triple bulk machines with locations for $1250.  The owner claims that these stops were doing between $20-30 per month.  I am hoping that this will be the start of something big.  I know this will be work but I am willing to do what is necessary to be successful.

Do you have plans to move into racks? That would be what you need for those supermarkets unless you plan on getting the breakrooms with triples. It is a start for you, I would have liked to see some proof of the $20-$30 a month though. Put away as much as you can towards more machines to help you grow. You should be able to get one new machine a month if those numbers hold true.

Larry, $20 to $30 per month for a triple is pretty good. It isn't *amazing*, but it is probably pretty close to average.

Also, if those numbers hold up, you are looking at about $3K/year from them. This makes your purchase price of $1250 an amazing deal. About 70% of gross is good, which would be $2100 for your route. So you got it for a fraction of what it is worth.

Hopefully your numbers will hold up. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Kevin

Larry - good luck with these. Let us know how you do with them after you service.

I have bought 2 different small companies with Vendstars. Most of my machines are Beavers. I went through the routes and pulled some of the Vendstars from low-performing locations and moved them to other routes where I thought more candy choices would benefit me. It has worked out well and brought my averages up per machine. Might keep that in mind if you do more expanding in the future. They have worked best for me in companies with 5 or more employees who used them as the primary snack machine. It seemed to pull in several who did not care for gum. I would often leave a single Beaver gumball and add the vendstar or just offer Chickles gum and 2 candy choices.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Good luck to you on your business venture.  Definitely try to work the angles with the supermarkets as much as you can.  Get racks in front and candy/gum in the break rooms, pound it out and make the $.

Good Luck!

Joe