National 147 accepting $5 Please help

BobDeal

Hi. I am new to the forum And having a major headache with a national 147. This machine has worked great. And me wanting to increase sales I bought a couple of Mei 4000 coin mech s. And 2501 ba s So I can accept $5 bills. It will take the $5 and will say no change with all selections made accept for the items I have at $3.50. I have filled the mech with coins by purchasing a selection thats $2 until all tubes are full and change starts going into the change box. I have tried 3 different mei 4000 coin mechs And three different 2501 ba s All act the same. I have the settings on the machine Set to. ( Escrow ) ( Serial validator ) ( dumb mech ) And have it set to accept ( 1 - 5 - - - ) this problem is costing me sales Please help me find what I'm missing

Welcome to the forum Bob.

It sounds like you've done everything right.  What price range do you have in the machine?  Does this happen with a $5 bill or when you insert 1s?  It will pay $1.50 change for a $3.50 purchase using a $5 bill but won't pay $3 change using the same credit amount for a $2 purchase?  If so, this sounds like your machine doesn't see enough change in the coin mech.  What cassette tube configuration do you have and have you programmed that cassette code into the coin mechs?  Are you certain that these coin mechs are functioning properly - were they supplied to you by a reputable rebuilder, preferably a Mars repair depot?

Try setting one selection at $5.00, and another at $5.25.  Try a $5 bill then and see what happens.  National 147s are always tricky with $5 bills.  Sometimes, getting a newer eeprom will make it work.

Archived