Dixie Narco 501e Dispensing Problems

I'm new in the business and just purchased a DN501e. I'm learning how to work the machine before I place it but I'm having some issues while dispensing bottles. I first tried it with cans but quickly realized that I don't have the proper shims (they are set up for bottles only).

Problem:

It will dispense properly at first but then it will take the money and not dispense. Then when you select the drink again, it dispenses 2 bottles at once. That means that the first guy gets stiffed on his $$ and the next guy gets 2 for 1.

I have many more questions but for the sake of keeping it simple I will separate my posts.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!  If you could tell us exactly what product and size it is and which column, wide or narrow, we can better help you.  There are a variety of setups for different products and once you get them correct this machine works very well.  Add in your other questions and we can answer them as well; there's no need to put them in separate posts unless they don't relate to this machine.

Thanks AZVendor. The problem is in a narrow column and I'm putting 16.9 oz bottles of Dr. Pepper in it. The "cam" setting is on "2." (I think it's called "cam").

My other questions are:

1) What do I need to buy for can placement? I want to put cans of Monster in one of the columns. What Cam setting is needed for cans?

2) The vertical metal bars at the back of the machine...do the bottles need to be snug against the bars when loading? If so, how do you move these bars forward/back?

3) The sold out bar...is it normal for the machine to say "sold out" even though I still have 2 bottles at the bottom waiting ot be dispensed? It seems that the bottles at the bottom aren't touching the "sold out" bar so the system thinks there are no more products in the machine.

4) How do you change the cam settings? I tried to change it but felt like I was getting ready to break something so I stopped.

Thanks for your help!

To vend Dr. Pepper 16.9 oz bottles from a narrow column you will need the bottle shim you probably have now (you said the machine was set up for all bottles) and then a rod and spring assembly to be inserted into the rotor in the middle holes of the front and rear ends of the rotor.  The reason you are having the vending problem is that you don't have the rod and spring and the bottles don't vend correctly.  The motor cam needs to be set on 2 by flexing the front cam away from the back cam so that the front cam can move across the locating pin that protrudes from the rear cam.  Your rear spacer will be in hole 23 counting from the front.  To adjust your rear spacer you will pull one side out of the locating holes while pushing against the other side and this should free up the spacer to move it around.  Make sure you have the rear spacer located in the same hole top and bottom, right and left. 

You will always have one row of products left in each column when they are sold out.  This is considered to be "pre-cool" so you can sell cold products after you refill a sold out column.  The rule of thumb for the rear spacer setting (if you don't know the proper hole to put it in) is to push the products back against the spacer and adjust the spacer so you have only a finger's worth of space between the front product and the depressed sold out paddle.  This ensures the products aren't too tight in the column and that they will still push the sold out paddle down so your column doesn't show sold out.

To put Monster 16 oz cans into one narrow column you will need a can shim and a rod and spring assembly.  The can shim replaces the bottle shim you have now on the right side of the column and the rod and spring are installed in the middle holes in the front and rear of the rotor.  Your motor cam will be set to 3 and the rear spacer will be in hole 8 counting from the front.

You can send me a PM if you would like to get these parts.  I can also supply flavor strips if you need those as well. 

Archived