Help - Dixie Narco 5591- Control Board

delb101

Hi

I recently replaced the control board on my Dixie Narco 5591

(from 30.51 to 30.81 software version)

The display is acting funny

** The message blinks as it scrolls....it almost looks like its about to go out (the letters are not solid as it was before)

** When I put money on the machine....the display goes blank until you vend your item....then it goes back to blinking again.

I have done a master reset and it does not correct the issue. When you first turn it on..it stay solid for 1 cycle of the message then automatically starts blinking.

I have check the ribbon connection and it is correct.

Everything vends correctly, and I even tried my USA reader and that even works perfectly.

But as soon as a credit is established the display will go totally blank on you - You don't even know what your pressing..it stays blank until it is done vending.

Is  there different display boards for certain control boards?  I noticed the old control board(30.51) was green but the NEW control board (30.81) is red.

The 2 control boards looks exactly the same except for color.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Del

There are different displays for some of the MDB boards like the ones you have.  Is the new board a good, refurbished board or is it a take-off board that might have a display driver problem?  If you can post a photo of your display board off the machine then I could tell you if it should be changed out.  You should also put your older board back in and see if the display works right but, even better, you can use the 30.81 eprom from the red board in your green board which would then allow your display to work with the green board.  Just be very careful prying the eproms out.  Lift one end a little bit, then the other end a little, going back and forth until it pops loose.  Make sure you're grounded when doing this and lay the boards on an antistatic bag while you work on them.  Note the indention on one end of the chip to direct the correct installation direction.  Don't bend any leads as you install the chips.

I have never had this problem personally but I have been told by our Dixie Narco distributor that when you upgrade a board on a bevmax which has software version 030.61 and above you will also need to replace the display board & harness.

You would need the IR Capable Display & an IR Capable Harness

You could also put you old eprom (software) onto your new board & it should work with your old display.

Archived