I Got My Hand Smacked !

West Coast Vend LLC

If you are interested in ordering parts for your 1800 vending machines you will have to follow the steps listed below. I have gotten my hand smacked for buying parts under my account for members. I have underlined the part about discount prices for members. Their prices are out-of-this-world already. I would hate to see what they charge so called "non-members".

I personally think this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. After all the nice things I said about them in past posts...

Gary,   It has come to our attention that you have given out your Support Site Account to a third party so that he could order parts for some used machines that he purchased from another customer of ours.  We understand you did this out of kindness and in an effort to be helpful, however you need to be made aware that this is against our company policy and if you continue in this practice we will close your account and you will loose access to our Support Site.  Your access to this Website is for our customers only  and it is full of support information that is part of the package of services that were sold to you along with your machines.  While this information and these services do not automatically transfer to a second owner, they are transferable and if someone is interested in receiving these services from us they should simply contact us.  Also the prices you pay for parts are a lower subsidized price than the regular retail prices that "non-customers" pay when they order parts.  So there are several reasons why you must not share access to this support site.   We are completely willing to support people who buy their machines on the used market, as long as we can verify that they are the rightful owners of their machines.  We have this policy in place in order to protect our customers and in an attempt to take away the market for stolen machines.  In the future if someone contacts you about getting parts for some used machines they have, simply explain to them that 1.800.VENDING will be happy to help them with what they need and direct them to give me a call directly at (801) 546-9887.  Anyone who is not able to get parts from out company, probably is in possession of machines to which they are not the rightful owner and we do not want them to be able to get parts or continue in their illegal course of action.   If you have any questions about this policy or anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to call me.  Best of luck!!!   Doug Barker Coaching Dept. 1.800.VENDING

This is just another reason why Biz-op's suck! The "stolen machine" excuse is very lame to say the least, but they had to come up with some way to justify higher prices for parts. Uturn does the same thing with parts and will double the price if you did not purchase the machine from them. For a while Vendstar would not sell parts to 3rd party owners, but they finally changed their ridiculous protectionist policies after much deserved criticism. Imagine if a car dealer would not sell you parts for your car or will double the part's price if you did not purchase your car from them.

The more I hear about biz-ops the more I hate them. If you are buying a route with biz-op equipment, make sure that you can still get parts and keys at a fair price.  I bought a route that had N/A equipment that I pulled off location and replaced with my own stuff.  To my dismay, extra keys were $10 each!  I had to buy some since I need to sell them to many buyers because no one buyer wanted to buy all 50 of them.  Just glad I stopped buying biz-ops years ago and went to NW where part are always available at a fair market price.  Sites like this are necessary to expose the sleazy biz-ops and scam locators.

This just makes me want to start another Buzzbite bashing thread!

Jax

Well thanks to Gary, in recent months I have found myself contemplating whether or not I would actually buy a 1800 machine should I find a sweet deal on one. I almost had myself convinced that if the right deal and right location came along I would pick one up. Now I must say that I will not. I don't say this because I think any less of their product but I now think even less of their business policies. (If thats even possible)

It is a shame that they would chastise you in this way Gary after all the good words you've said, not to mention all the sales you have closed for them. After all, thats what this is all about. If you didn't direct customer dollars to them, they wouldn't have smacked your hand for it! :shock:  I'm sure the sales that you are responsible for is just a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of their business but geez, talk about biting a hand that feeds!

I wish we could get a rep from 1800 on the board so we can "VENDiscuss" this issue.

Steve

I too have been looking to buy some of these machines used based on all the good things I've read about here. I have a deal in the works right now and I think I will pass on it based on Gary's post. I'm going to agree with Steve that the machine itself is a good product,but like anything mechanical parts will need to be replaced at some time,and if you ca'nt get parts reasonable then I guess it was'nt such a good deal to start with. Thanks Gary

Not to mention that their policies would make it harder for their "legit customers" to sell any or all of their routes or overstock of equipment because of an unfair policy to restrictive pricing for "non-customers".

That alone would keep me from buying any of their equipment either new or used.

Just my .02

The interesting thing about 1800's e-mail is that it says everything him and I had discussed over a month ago when he called me. I was very angry when he told me that what I was doing was wrong. I asked him if he was kidding. I told him that I was one of the few that spoke highly of his machines on this site. I told him I was trying to help his business. I invited him to check out Vendiscuss.com. At the end, much to my disagreement, I told him that I would not give out my user name and password.

That was over a month ago. Then yesterday, I get this e-mail. Their 1800vending site is now focused towards snack/beverage machines and you can't buy their triple-head machine on that website. I guess the fire was getting to hot so they moved on to something different.

They burn their bridges as they go with e-mails like the one they sent me. I am one of the good guys, I told them. I am trying to help.

Well, I am over it now. I have so many better things to think about.

Gary

Just curious about how much do the parts cost you or can't you even tell us. Things like a new canister, coin mech or candy/gumball wheel? I just got my first used 1-800 last week and have a chance to get a good deal on some more. He does have some parts to sell with the next set I get.

Beer,

I can't tell you the prices. So don't look at the PDF file that's attached.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Gary

That is great! You are a BAD BOY Gary! You are going to get more than your hand slapped for this! :D

Steve

Well thanks for trying Gary, I understand you not wanting to get into anymore trouble being such a valued customer of them. If I had to guess then without knowing the prices for the individual parts I would say that you can completly build a machine from scratch for $562 plus shipping. Sounds like there is a future in parts by buying up used machines.

I have been on the 1800 website. ( I am not allowed to say who gave me the info.) The stuff from them is way overpriced as I have always said. I won't deal with them for any purchsaes. You can pick up deals on ebay and CL for machines and parts as well. I have been very blessed and fortunate in that regard with my 1800 machines. Yes another reason to avoid biz-ops. Gary has always seemed to be the exception to the general rule about people buying into a biz-op and continually getting screwed. Oh well, I guess they had to tick off someone who was actually happy with their biz-op............... go figure!

David

• 2 weeks later...

Just goes to show you... KISS ... Keep it simple stupid... Stick with basic brands, used or new for basic prices.

A&A

Northwestern

Oak

Eagle

All of these companies are fair to deal with, and although A&A is somewhat pricey for parts and Northwestern is pricey for machines, they offer decent deals at times and all are reputable companies with no biz-op BS to deal with.  Also, A&A offers quantity discounts on some items that can also be helpful.

Raid craigslist for deals on used equipment for parts, machines, stands, anything, its a gold mine to those who are observant and patient.

Joe, NEPA Vending