Current Bulk Locators

casey259

Since Lighthouse has gone out of business and I didn't get a single location from them and LRU is no longer answering anybody for whatever reason. What are the current bulk locators that you've had success with recently? Thanks in advanced for any feedback.

It seems LRU is going through a rough patch at the moment. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm getting very little, sometimes cryptic responses from them regarding open orders. I haven't gotten a direct response from Gale in weeks. If my emails are answered, it is from Amanda. I'm sure that whatever is going on, Amanda is probably pretty stressed out right now.

Rest assured that anyone who purchased through us is protected and I am doing my best to ensure everyone's orders are given the proper attention.

Also, if anyone has any leads for new locators to add to our escrow service, please pass them along. I am working on some sort of referral bonus for members who find locators that we can add. More on that soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Lighthouse is out of business?!

Fellow member RikaKazak just posted a review of a recent order from Lighthouse.

The order was completed 2 days ago according to THIS THREAD.

Did I miss an announcement about Lighthouse going out of business?

Mike sent me an email late last night (4/29) regarding his immediate closure. Not to dive deep into what's really going on but his specific guidance was that he couldn't provide quality locations with his current staff (at least he's honest versus giving crap locations) due to some key staff members leaving, he didn't have time to recruit and then train new staff members, and didn't have the time to devote to keeping the business. He said that he was going to notify Steve which from the above response he did. 

At least at a bare minimum he was upfront about it all. I may be relatively new here (less than a year in the business) but it was nice to at least get feedback on an order from someone who is considered one of us. 

I've done business with Ned in the past but our last communication last month (March) was that he was no longer accepting PayPal but only personal checks. Great guy, but even this puts me a little on edge to even consider it as every check you cut to him you would assume that you won't recoup those funds.

Ive lost count of all the locating companies Ive seen fail. Its just a rough business.

As bulk operators, if we use locators, we are dependent on them. That means we accept the few wins when we get them and, more often than not, we deal with long wait times, inferior locations and being told 'no' after we've driven 30 miles to deliver a machine. Its like taking 4 steps forward and 2 steps back.

There has to be a better way and there is. Take control of your business. If you cant locate yourself, hire a locator on commission. People across USA are looking for extra income. You can place a Craigslist ad for a part time commission sales person to find locations for your machines that help benefit the charity you have.

Another way to find a commission salesperson is to visit telemarketing forums like http://www.warriorforum.com/. These places are filled with people who are looking for telemarketing gigs.

Its your business. You can either wait around 30 days for the locator to deliver your locations, half of which will be bad, or you can take the bull by the horns.

good luck!

It seems LRU is going through a rough patch at the moment. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm getting very little, sometimes cryptic responses from them regarding open orders. I haven't gotten a direct response from Gale in weeks. If my emails are answered, it is from Amanda. I'm sure that whatever is going on, Amanda is probably pretty stressed out right now.

Rest assured that anyone who purchased through us is protected and I am doing my best to ensure everyone's orders are given the proper attention.

Also, if anyone has any leads for new locators to add to our escrow service, please pass them along. I am working on some sort of referral bonus for members who find locators that we can add. More on that soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I know 1 locator that is very good, but he only does in person locating 

Looks like I must of been one of lighthouses' last customers.  Sad because I was going to place another order with them next monthish (june).

The big thing we should be talking about is how lighthouse is refunding unfilled orders, that's HUGE and something people like riverbend locators didn't do.

I wish mark the best....and if he ever comes back to locating I'll be the first to place an order ;)

• 1 year later...

Archived