Locators and Relocating

alyssamma

All,

I've used Midwest to secure 10 locations for me. Out of the 10, 7 are doing less than $15/mo. Interestingly enough, the other 3 are doing so well that the overall average is $20/mo.

Midwest is relocating 2 of the machines immediately (1 is already relocated) and will do the other 5 in 2 weeks so long as sales don't go up.

Their basic policy is anything less than $15/mo they relocate.

We've contacted First Choice and Kickstart but they won't match this. Kickstart relocates 1 out of 3 and First Choice does 1 out of 5 (I think).

So, my Q is for those that have used Kickstart and First Choice, how has relocating worked for you? Have the locations been so good you haven't needed it? Have you gotten stuck with bad locations?

Kevin

I never used First Choice Kevin. I did not have a good experience with Kickstart. I think I got 5 or 6 locations from them. Only one did well ($25 ) for the first two months and then I was asked to leave. The other ones were very poor money makers. I did not realize it was only 30% of locations replaced with Kickstart until after I tried to get too many replacements and I was told. I did not read the fine print.

Look......Midwest is not cheap. but their replacement policy is the best around. And i am like you in terms of some of the locations they have found me have been totally awesome which negates the poor performers i have from them. For me I try and not to get replacements. I try and make the location work unless its something that is very very obvious from the beginning.

Hey Guys!

You guys make great points. We replace 30% of locations free of charge with our Platinum / Dentyne Ice plans. And after that it's only $20 each for unlimited replacements (something the other locators don't offer.)

Plus, we don't require revenue reports for poor performing locations. If you get 10 locations you're going to get 3 free ones if you need them. And to be completely honest, our average replacement rate is only 15%. Beyond the first 30%, replacements are only 20 bucks.

Just a thought!

Regards,

Rob

http://www.kickstartlocations.com

Rob, thanks for replying...I hoped that you would.

FYI, Midwest does unlimited replacements - for free - for any location doing less than $15/mo. Yes, you have to do a "revenue report"...but that is just a phone call or an email.

My experience with them has been if a location is very poor - say <$5/mo., they will replace after 30 days. Between $5 and $15/mo they will replace after 45 days.

All of this is for free.

I don't mean to sound confrontational - I just want to understand your business model. I've actually wanted to try your service a couple of times but have been worried I will get bad locations and have to pay for them to be relocated.

If your replacement rate is only 15%, why charge at all for >30%?

For that matter, why not stand behind your locations and insure they are good? Even if you set a low threshold like $10/mo it would give me (and I suspect others) a secure feeling that we would be getting good locations.

Again, not trying to be confrontational.

Thanks.

Kevin

I only use midwest now and have nothing but good things to say about them, out of 25 locations they have got me, only three do under 15 a month, I may not even ask them to replace them because every other locations they gave me average $30 a month. I did have on location that decided it didn't want the machine 3 days later and midwest had no problem replacing that one. IMHO Midwest is by far the best locator I have done bussines with.

Kevin,

Great point!  We will have to think on that my friend.

Regards,

Rob

http://www.kickstartlocations.com

Rob, thanks for replying...I hoped that you would.

FYI, Midwest does unlimited replacements - for free - for any location doing less than $15/mo. Yes, you have to do a "revenue report"...but that is just a phone call or an email.

My experience with them has been if a location is very poor - say <$5/mo., they will replace after 30 days. Between $5 and $15/mo they will replace after 45 days.

All of this is for free.

I don't mean to sound confrontational - I just want to understand your business model. I've actually wanted to try your service a couple of times but have been worried I will get bad locations and have to pay for them to be relocated.

If your replacement rate is only 15%, why charge at all for >30%?

For that matter, why not stand behind your locations and insure they are good? Even if you set a low threshold like $10/mo it would give me (and I suspect others) a secure feeling that we would be getting good locations.

Again, not trying to be confrontational.

Thanks.

Kevin

Why not give him one placement to try for you as an example of his service. A Platinum Plan is $3 cheaper then Midwest and it has the $15 a month guarantee for a triple. If it does not perform then he will relocate it. The one he relocated for me after one month was relocated in less then 48 hours after I reported the machine income by email. You can reject the placement if you feel it is a bad spot before placing it anyway. In the end they all will never be top notch locations no matter who you use. They can only do so much with the tools they have. Most locators have never heard of these towns we live and place in so we need to be the final say also.

Beer, I actually wanted to do that...but you need to read the fine print :) The $15/mo replacement is at 30%...so you need to get at least 3 locations to have 1 relocated :(

Note, this is what we were told when we called. I checked the website last night and found the same thing.

It seems like you got different service?

Kevin

I think Rob may need to chime in and clarify how the Platinum Plan works. When you click the Warranty Info it reads: If revenue does not meet or exceed these MINIMUM revenue dollar amounts we will replace the location free of charge. This warranty is valid for 3 months. Now it does also say below: (1) Revenue Guarantee – We will replace a maximum of 30% of locations of locations due to poor performance. I.E. With a 10 location placement we will replace 3 locations due to poor performance. So I am not sure on that ruling but I know for one location it had to be relocated and that was the only location so it was not in the 30% area. Perhaps it is that it states a maximum of 30% will be relocated so if you buy 1-3 you get one relocation. That is why I sugested to try one. Did you talk to Rob when you called? I don't see why he would not replace one as a member here even if you just bought one location. Lets see what he comes up with.

• 3 weeks later...