Tips from good sales men

PHX1

I've been working on getting this specific account for quite some time. I have spoken to the man in charge twice. The reason I am going after this specific place is because I'm aware of how much volume it does. It would double my overall vending revenue. They currently get 10% of profit. All items have a very healthy profit margin.

This being said I was wondering if you guys ever offer anything special up front to move in? Like 1 new machine or a cash bonus or something like this. I know the current vendor is on thin ice because his service is lacking. They currently have 2 Dixie drink machines 1 bevmax 5800 and 1 ap 7600. All have USA tech readers. I can easily offer equivalent if not better equipment for this account.

What would you do to really sell this guy?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

If you have determined what the true weaknesses of the current vendor are then you have to address those issues primarily, then maybe sweeten the pot with some possible upgrades, if the account will warrant them. 

Possible upgrades are nutrition screens on your machines, machine wraps with graphics that highlight the account, area treatment (physical canopies and partitions that fill gaps between machines and walls), a definitive refund procedure such as employee filled-out envelopes that you return to them, additional machines that the account can support such as frozen food or coffee, etc.  What you don't want to do is offer a bribe or cash under the table as that is very unprofessional and will appear as corruption.  Even if your competition operates that way you need to separate yourself from them.

You must know that the account will expect professional machines that are no worse than what they have now and, of course, better than what they have now if required.  Putting in machines that are different brands or models than what they have now will be a good start as well as additional product machines, but don't over-equip the location or you will lose money. 

Basically meet their needs and then exceed them.  You don't necessarily need to blow them away, but you have to put their minds at ease over the uncertainty of how good a new vendor they know nothing about will be.

I've been working on getting this specific account for quite some time. I have spoken to the man in charge twice. The reason I am going after this specific place is because I'm aware of how much volume it does. It would double my overall vending revenue. They currently get 10% of profit. All items have a very healthy profit margin.

This being said I was wondering if you guys ever offer anything special up front to move in? Like 1 new machine or a cash bonus or something like this. I know the current vendor is on thin ice because his service is lacking. They currently have 2 Dixie drink machines 1 bevmax 5800 and 1 ap 7600. All have USA tech readers. I can easily offer equivalent if not better equipment for this account.

What would you do to really sell this guy?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

The major key in any sales job is listening. What exactly are your customer's needs and how do you communicate that your company uniquely fulfills those needs.

Archived