Walmart and Macy's Gives Me a Reality Check!

T BIRD

I was all pumped up when I got Macy's break room with literally hundreds of employees.  I am the only bulk vendor.  And also I was psyched for the Walmarts I got in the break room.  Again I am the only bulk vendor with the exception of a half empty Vendstar in the corner.

I guess I have been so spoiled with a few very big monthly producers in the recent past.  Macy's is doing about $38.00 per month and Walmart is doing $22.00 per month.  Walmart needs candy changes.  They arent going for Hot Tamales or Runts.  Macy's has me stumped.  They hate Certs.  That I know.

I have a couple "BIG BOX" breakrooms, I do Skittles and PMM in all of them, they are all good locations for me.  One of the things I've noticed, in stores like Macy's, JCPenney, and such - the employees you seeon the floor are a small % of the total overall employee base, these stores have a huge stock room employee base.  Many of them, I don't think FRESH breath is the main concern.

I got a JC Pennys breakroom back in May and the first month it did $50.00, since then its only been doing $25.00 a month. I,m hoping maybe it will pickup during the holidays.

The Wallmart here has racks in the entryway again,Coinstar is info on the machines. Does the Wallmart there have them?

try pmm t bird they fill you up i have a meat packing plant that is open 24/7 and they eat those things for dinner lol guess its due to the high protein. also mike and ike seem to do better then hot tamlese. would not recomdend peanuts or anything though to much of a pain with the peanut dust and going stale

This is good news then T Bird. I just got a grocery store breakroom last week (Publix). After one week I got $6 so it looks like I got one to beat your Macy's :P . Try those PMM like others have said. This is the first time I had a machine do the same for each slot. $2 for Reeses, Kaboom Jawbreakers and PMM.

This is good news then T Bird. I just got a grocery store breakroom last week (Publix). After one week I got $6 so it looks like I got one to beat your Macy's :P . Try those PMM like others have said. This is the first time I had a machine do the same for each slot. $2 for Reeses, Kaboom Jawbreakers and PMM.

lol.  I am gonna change up on the tamales and do pmms.

• 4 weeks later...

I collected from this Walmart breakroom today. It did $14.50. That location should be at least $30.00 per month. I took the Hot Tamales and Runts out and put PMM and M&I along with the gumballs which did the best last month. We will see.