Toy Soldier Claw fix?

sprint54fan

I found a toy soldier forsale.the cabinet looks great and it has a dollar bill acceptor on it..however the seller said crane dont work right..when I asked what is going on ..he said:

"The side led lights come on but then go off and the crane goes dead. The main lights inside stay on. The claw closes but when the side lights cut out so does the claw and display."

Any idea what would cause these issues? Im thinking board or power supply...thanks!

Does this crane have a small "board" that everything (except top light) plugs in to? If so it may be this time delay board, you can check it by using a regular power strip to plug everything into. Rather than replace that little timer board I have put power strips in several cranes.

• 3 weeks later...

the power supply might be dropping out after its on a few seconds.

The rope lights and game board as well as the credit timer board are power by the power supply.

The cabinet lights usually run off of ac power so the cab light will work when the game is pluged in

even if the game is not working. The power supply probably has bad caps or the fan is locked up and it might

come on for a few seconds but as soon as everthing else tries to boot up and come on the power supply will shut down.

if the power supplie is failing, replace it.

I think you may find the insulation on the coiled solenoid wire may be damaged and shorting out when the claw moves. Then the computer resets.

Walta

Archived