Sheridan Systems Locator Service

Newby616

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have greatly enjoyed reading the wealth of information here. I wondered if anyone has used either the in person or telemarketed locator service offered through Sheridan? If so, what was your experience?

Thanks for the response LakeCities, keep us posted. I'm considering placing an order for their in person locator service, but it requires a minimum order of 40 boxes. I'd like to get some feedback before I commit to that big of an investment.

They called me back yesterday. She tried to talk me out of it saying they are to easy to locate on your own. I agree but right now we are over 100 everyday here in the Dallas area. Between my regular job and running my bulk machines after work I just don't have a lot of time. For $15.00 a location I was going to try them. They want you to send them a phone book of your area instead of zip codes. For Dallas that could get my locations spread way to far apart. I'll probably just get out early Saturday before I run my route and locate myself. I'm already behind on my bulk route because of the heat.

Thanks for the response LakeCities, keep us posted. I'm considering placing an order for their in person locator service, but it requires a minimum order of 40 boxes. I'd like to get some feedback before I commit to that big of an investment.

Gary does a good job doing them in person - he is fixing to fly out here and do 125 for me

Have you been able to read this thread regarding locating scripts?

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/4440-locating-scripts-objections-rebuttals-success/

Also there are some locating guides you can download at this link..

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/files/category/8-ebooks-manuals-periodicals/

Those threads were very helpful to me. Also when I purchased my boxes at Sheridan, I had a great experience. The women on the phone was very helpful, and willing to give me a ton of locating tips (without me even asking.) She even suggested some "big name" locations that might take the boxes. We will definitely be doing business together again. I too considered (for a long time) purchasing locations from Sheridan but at the last minute (when I was just about ready to purchase them, over the phone.) the nice lady at Sheridan gave me some excellent ideas that convinced me not to purchase them, but to self locate instead. The information I read, and re-read, and read again, here on TVF also helped out tremendously. My problem is that I have the tendency to think, and over think, and consider, and analyse possibilities, and what if's, to the point that i'm tired sick and ready to just make a quick decision. I am glad I decided to self locate. I am by no means a pro in the vending industry, I just thought I might try to help.

(I also need to work on my punctuation pretty badly. All the commas (and the missing ones) that I know are in the wrong places are burning my eyes.)

Archived