have you ever

kdub3821

Has anyone ever got a big account and when you mentioned a percentage the decision maker tells you to keep the commission and lower your prices. Now they don't know what my prices are. I match prices with a local big vending operator. 1.35 for soda bottles .75 for cans 1.00 for pastry .85 for candy and 90 for 2 oz chips. If you were me would you just leave the prices at that? That's lower than any gas station or would you lower the prices? If so how much? Thanks

Has anyone ever got a big account and when you mentioned a percentage the decision maker tells you to keep the commission and lower your prices. Now they don't know what my prices are. I match prices with a local big vending operator. 1.35 for soda bottles .75 for cans 1.00 for pastry .85 for candy and 90 for 2 oz chips. If you were me would you just leave the prices at that? That's lower than any gas station or would you lower the prices? If so how much? Thanks

First off. you need to be at least a dollar on the candy bars - if you hadn't noticed they cost 65 cents now.  You could drop your 2 oz chips to 80 cents (they should cost 39 cents) and usually an account like this will want the discount on 12 oz cans as a bonus to their employees - you could go 65 cents here in lieu of commission.  You always want to avoid setting a price that will eat up too many nickels.

I certainty wouldn't lower your prices.  Your candy price seems very low considering your product costs is probably in excess of $.60.  I was worried about selling candy for $1.25 when my competitor was selling for $.95.  It took him about 2 months to raise his prices to $1.25 on all of his machines.  Sometimes it just takes one person to make the first move. 

Archived